Dean Kremer 2024

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks, Dean, we needed that.  Baz was almost as good, but not quite.  

Also, I’m super glad for Dean that Cano kept those runners from scoring.  Dean deserved that, the way he pitched.  

That was fun to watch, nice pitch mix. Can’t believe he didn’t miss a start.

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Great start. 

That’s the frustrating thing about him; he can have a start like that but also not make it out of the 4th. 

He has as much talent as any pitcher on our staff. It's all about consistency and hopefully we'll see more of "good Dean" moving forward. His pitching recently has been really encouraging.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

I think he is the most underrated player on this team. 

Each time I think he may have really settled in, he’ll blow up a start. Hyde seems to consistently rave about him this year.

Even though he hasn’t quite stepped into mid rotation caliber, he does bring value and I could see him really harnessing his stuff at one point in his career. 

1 minute ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Each time I think he may have really settled in, he’ll blow up a start. Hyde seems to consistently rave about him this year.

Even though he hasn’t quite stepped into mid rotation caliber, he does bring value and I could see him really harnessing his stuff at one point in his career. 

Yea I think that’s right. Progress isn’t always linear.  But I think he is progressing nicely and seemingly a bit under the radar. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Helluva start by Kremer. Typical bulldog Kremer outing. He has a knack for doing this in Boston too. 

He’s our game 4 SP in an ALDS series, and a possible relief option in a wild card series.

Kudos to Dean. Especially after that forearm bruise. 

ALDS ?? good to see someone staying positive around here.

2 hours ago, Safelykept said:

ALDS ?? good to see someone staying positive around here.

In a 3 game Wild Card Series we get Burnes, Eflin, and Suarez going. We should have Grayson, Kremer, Povich, Webb, and Coloumbe, in the pen to help cover innings. 

Offensively we will have back Westburg and Urias. Maybe Mounty and Kjerstad. 

We are ok. Just gotta hit. 

I’ve been waiting all year for Kremer to get on some kind of a roll, and it seems he’s finally on one.   In his last 6 starts, he’s thrown 5 quality starts, throwing 34.2 innings to a 2.62 ERA.  However, the O’s have only won 3 of those 6 starts.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve been waiting all year for Kremer to get on some kind of a roll, and it seems he’s finally on one.   In his last 6 starts, he’s thrown 5 quality starts, throwing 34.2 innings to a 2.62 ERA.  However, the O’s have only won 3 of those 6 starts.   

Kremer is going to be one of those guys that we as posters were always looking to upgrade over, but when he's gone... we'll miss his production.  He's a solid #3.5 SP on a contender.  

He gives us a chance to win most nights.