The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

Just now, spiritof66 said:

You might have convinced me if you had some relevant experience as an elite soccer, ice hockey, volleyball, rugby and 43-man squamish player, but without that .  .  .

He appeared in 28 Test matches for the West Indies cricket team in the 1970s, though, so you have to give him some credit. 

Don’t a lot of those sports overlap seasons? You played multiple elite level HS and college level sports at the same time?  

This guy may be the greatest athlete of all time.

And then, after all of that was done, he became Big Ern McCracken!

image.gif.7220f588e012e156ce9734650a6bc1d9.gif

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I say this as a elite HS and college athlete in tennis, hockey, football, basketball and baseball and a current PBA bowler who has played on many TEAMS.

Prove it Champ.

Take it easy on him, guys.  He's a direct descendent of Jim Thorpe on his father's side, and Babe Didrickson Zaharias on his mother's side.  We need to treat royalty with more respect.

He forgot to mention that he invented pickleball as well.

• Haha 1

Hes not wrong with the assessment that theirs 5 or 6 players at Norfolk right now that are better than 5 or 6 guys on the big league team.

but l’m confused is he saying he plays the PBA bowling video game or he’s on the PBA tour? and whats that have to do with the Orioles roster?

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Don’t a lot of those sports overlap seasons? You played multiple elite level HS and college level sports at the same time?  

This guy may be the greatest athlete of all time.

And then, after all of that was done, he became Big Ern McCracken!

image.gif.7220f588e012e156ce9734650a6bc1d9.gif

😂 best comb-over in sports

16 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I’m confused, what profit is there to gain by keeping the prospects in the minors?

I’m not saying those guys shouldn’t (in a perfect world) be in the majors. Hays, Urias and Mateo probably should have been traded but they weren’t. At this point, it’s hard to just bench 5 guys from a team that won the division and had the most wins in the league. 

I think the argument is that they are prolonging service time in order to save money on free agents or something like that.