4/6 - at Pittsburgh

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Great catch by Mullins, but my answer was 2nd batter. 

Good game overall. Just came up a little short. 

I don't agree. The Orioles had one legitimate hit through eight innings. They did not get a hit from their 1-4 hitters. If they had won this one, it would have been the very definition of stealing a win. They thoroughly deserved to lose.

13 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

For all of you questioning Bauman being in there, have you forgotten how many times he pitched top 10th and other extra innings last year?  It’s how he vultured all those wins. Perfectly reasonable call, it just didn’t work out. 

Yeah that's a good point.  He won 2 and lost 1 last year when coming in the the 10th inning last year.  All those other wins he got he came in earlier in the game.  So sort of impressive but a good deal of luck too knowing the kind of pitcher he is.

7 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Yeah that's a good point.  He won 2 and lost 1 last year when coming in the the 10th inning last year.  All those other wins he got he came in earlier in the game.  So sort of impressive but a good deal of luck too knowing the kind of pitcher he is.

I betcha a better reliever was not still in the bullpen when he was brought in though.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is a good point. With one out, not sure why you want that match up plus you set up the DP. It's a pretty obvious move.

No disrespect to Reynolds but I’d much rather pitch to him than Cruz. 

Edited by gallden

22 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Pathetic. They may very well lose this game but giving up at this point after what we just saw in the tenth is pathetic. Sorry not sorry. 

You were saying?

26 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Does anyone know why Baumann was brought in before Danny?

Pirates had bunch of RHH available. Not that DC isn’t good vs RHH

He also threw yesterday and since it’s early may not have wanted to throw back to back if he could avoid it.