Brandon Hyde 2024

On 7/27/2024 at 7:39 PM, Pushmonkey said:

Anyone listen to his post game news conferences?

I saw the press conference today. I was amazed that when talking about the Henderson and Urias play on that pop-up, Hyde said he hadn't talked to either player about the play. 

That is just dereliction of duty. Isn't it part of the manager's job to point out what went wrong on a play like that? 

Besides making the lineup for each game, what exactly does Hyde do(other than use relievers like he thinks there are 15 of them in the bullpen)?

1 minute ago, panick said:

I saw the press conference today. I was amazed that when talking about the Henderson and Urias play on that pop-up, Hyde said he hadn't talked to either player about the play. 

That is just dereliction of duty. Isn't it part of the manager's job to point out what went wrong on a play like that? 

Besides making the lineup for each game, what exactly does Hyde do(other than use relievers like he thinks there are 15 of them in the bullpen)?

Do you think if he did talk to them he would tell the media about it? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, panick said:

He manages people. Sometimes that involves not being an overbearing prick trying to micromanage everything.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, survivedc said:

If the game is closer going into the 9th does Pache go in for Santander? Would think that should be the move going forward.

I feel like he didn't want his hottest hitter out of the game if the pen pushed it to extras. It also hurts the defense with O'Hearn or Kjerstad playing in RF.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I mean, let the guys take a friggen shower before you have a sit down with them. This is the problem, people say things and run with it like it's the truth. I have no doubt he spoke to them, none at all. Dereliction of duty? Mother of God, this place is insufferable. 

Is there really much for a manager to break down there? Henderson and Urias are adults who have been playing baseball their whole lives. I’m sure they can figure out what went wrong on that play. 

Fans can nitpick about things like bullpen moves, lineups, pinch hitting, etc. Those things are right in front of our face as are the results of those moves. In this scenario, we have no idea what Hyde did and how he managed the players. And as fans, we have literally no idea how to manage a clubhouse. But somehow we know what’s best.

Edited by dzorange
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dzorange said:

Is there really much for a manager to break down there? Henderson and Urias are adults who have been playing baseball their whole lives. I’m sure they can figure out what went wrong on that play. 

Fans can nitpick about things like bullpen moves, lineups, pinch hitting, etc. Those things are right in front of our face as are the results of those moves. In this scenario, we have no idea what Hyde did and how he managed the players. And as fans, we have literally no idea how to manage a clubhouse. But somehow we know what’s best.

Yeah, I don't know why it would be so important for Hyde to have to tell people what happened, we all watched it in real time. They didn't communicate well enough. That's all.

How in the heck, down 3, man on 3rd, 2 out, do you pitch to Vlad Jr. with Davis Schneider on deck?    Not one of Hyde’s finer moments.   That borders on idiotic.  They also considered pitching to him with 1B when Povich was in the game.   They let Povich throw one pitch before realizing how dumb that was.   I’ve been defending Hyde but that was awful.

It also looked like he brought Webb into the game before he was fully warmed up.   

Not calling for his head or saying we can’t win with him but some bad moments tonight.

• Upvote 1