5-4 Start not horrible but should be better

Pat Kelly

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

If you live on a house boat, does the part of the hull under the water count as a basement at that point?

Maybe you could stay in a shed with an extension cord for power since a basement is not an option.  I'd be afraid an alligator would bite the extension cord.

On 4/7/2024 at 2:14 PM, RZNJ said:

More like they believe Hays and Mullins are better than what they did in the 2nd half and how they look right now.   They have long track records that say they are.  Time will tell.  

I think especially Mullins since he struggled with injury last season and has been integral to the team for awhile.  Hays is probably on a shorter leash as his bat has been the coldest on the team so far and was pretty cold in Spring Training too.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe you could stay in a shed with an extension cord for power since a basement is not an option.  I'd be afraid an alligator would bite the extension cord.

Southern Florida is just redneck Jurassic Park. They probably wouldn’t bite the power cord, but they would open a slightly cracked door. Although he might be old, I can imagine corn at least having something to fight off a gator with. Probably looks like this. 

One bad team stat over all -- the O's have the fewest walks in the league.  Dead last at 22.  Drawing more walks will make those hits count more.  Most of the team just seems to be pressing a bit.  Then again they've faced some pretty good pitching.

I know a lot of people are going to say the Royals and Pirates are bad teams because they had bad records last year.  A lot of people were saying the same things about the O's in 2022.  The Royals and especially the Pirates are chock full of talent.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pirates win multiple NL Central titles.

6 hours ago, foxfield said:

An assessment made after 9 games. 

No, that assessment was made before the season given the expectations. We are no longer rebuilding with a bar set so low that we can trip over it and still be successful. This is what comes along with winning.

Gunnar hitting leadoff versus lefties needs to stop. Bat Gunnar 5th or 6th like last year and let Adley lead off. 

Consider Replacing Kemp with McKenna. McKenna can play CF against LHP. 

These are two moves that we did last year, and we had a really good record vs LHP. Also, don’t forget we lost Hicks vs LHP. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gunnar hitting leadoff versus lefties needs to stop. Bat Gunnar 5th or 6th like last year and let Adley lead off. 

Consider Replacing Kemp with McKenna. McKenna can play CF against LHP. 

These are two moves that we did last year, and we had a really good record vs LHP. Also, don’t forget we lost Hicks vs LHP. 

Just play Cowser vs. LHP.