5-4 Start not horrible but should be better

Pat Kelly

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been called many things in my life but never an Elias apologist.

Wow. 

We also don't have basements in Florida.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow. 

Complete deflection.  You said what you said.   About my wife.  And the O's.

You more or less always back up the O's brass.    I get that.  You are a main poster on the main  O's message board.  You don't want to burn bridges. 

But at least man up....just a little. 

I see it all the time with the Colts and Ballard and their main message board.   I called GM Ballard (and his fan boys out) 6 years ago for being way too conservative.  How many division championships have they had since then?  Zero.

How many playoff wins in 8 years?  1. 

Wow.

But he is a great GM....supposedly. 

So own what you said.

I am a fan of Elias and how he has built the team.  I am not a fan in how conservative he has become when it comes to playing the youngsters.  We have no idea 5 years from now how any of the guys in AAA will be playing.  So why waste a potential WS year in 2024?  

He is the same as Ballard.  Afraid to actually let the birdlings leave the nest.  Because if they suck?  Then that is a black eye on him.  Ballard....and Elias....don't want that.  I do think Elias can adapt better than Ballard.....maybe. 

Also....still have not seen an apology from you. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You more or less always back up the O's brass.    I get that.  You are a main poster on the main  O's message board.  You don't want to burn bridges. 

I see it all the time with the Colts and Ballard and their main message board.   I called GM Ballard (and his fan boys out) 6 years ago for being way too conservative.  How many division championships have they had since then?  Zero.

Wow.

So own what you said.

I am a fan of Elias and how he has built the team.  I am not a fan in how conservative he has become when it comes to playing the youngsters.  We have no idea 5 years from now how any of the guys in AAA will be playing.  So why waste a potential WS year in 2024?  

He is the same as Ballard.  Afraid to actually let the birdlings leave the nest.  Because if they suck?  Then that is a black eye on him.  Ballard....and Elias....don't want that.  I do think Elias can adapt better than Ballard.....maybe. 

OK Guy.

You said your "wife" had no social media presence.

You posted a picture of your "wife" that a simple reverse image search showed had been posted on the internet for close to a decade.

Now if you tell me you posted that picture to the weightlifting forum in 2017 asking if she's a gold digger, I'll believe that picture was of your wife.

By posting that the person in the picture wasn't your wife, I wasn't insulting her,  I was hopeful she'd not made that mistake.

The idea that I "back up O's brass" is honestly laughable.

Guys and girls, how negative am I?  Does anyone else here think I got Elias' back?  In particular am I in favor of how Elias promotes prospects?

Here I thought I was the one guy claiming Elias was gaming Mountcastle's service time?  The one guy that was happy Adley snagged a year of service time.  The one guy that wanted Gunnar called up in 2021.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, foxfield said:

If you didn’t learn from the last owner managing the team….i really don’t know how to help you. 

While I wish they were doing this differently I am very glad that the new owner isn't jumping in and making demands on how Elias is running the club.

That seems like a bad idea in the long term.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK Guy.

You said your "wife" had no social media presence.

You posted a picture of your "wife" that a simple reverse image search showed had been posted on the internet for close to a decade.

Now if you tell me you posted that picture to the weightlifting forum in 2017 asking if she's a gold digger, I'll believe that picture was of your wife.

By posting that the person in the picture wasn't your wife, I wasn't insulting her,  I was hopeful she'd not made that mistake.

The idea that I "back up O's brass" is honestly laughable.

Guys and girls, how negative am I?  Does anyone else here think I got Elias' back?  In particular am I in favor of how Elias promotes prospects?

Here I thought I was the one guy claiming Elias was gaming Mountcastle's service time?  The one guy that was happy Adley snagged a year of service time.  The one guy that wanted Gunnar called up in 2021.

You're just logical and I love watching you argue with people. Even whenever I would get emotional and just squeal, normally you'd put me in check. I hope at some point you were on a debate team, you would have killed it. 

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow. 

If you live on a house boat, does the part of the hull under the water count as a basement at that point?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

While I wish they were doing this differently I am very glad that the new owner isn't jumping in and making demands on how Elias is running the club.

That seems like a bad idea in the long term.

I agree that it would not be wise for Rubenstien to come in from day one making or demanding changes. 

However, someone needs to hold Elias accountable if this season doesn’t go well. Nobody should be above accountability. My hope is that the goal under Rubenstien is for the Orioles to become a championship level organization. 

Right now it feels like we have one foot in the present and the other in the future. I’m not sure this approach will get us where we would like to end up (World Series) especially being extremely frugal.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Wow.

So own what you said.

You’re a weird guy.

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree that it would not be wise for Rubenstien to come in from day one making or demanding changes. 

However, someone needs to hold Elias accountable if this season doesn’t go well. Nobody should be above accountability. My hope is that the goal under Rubenstien is for the Orioles to become a championship level organization. 

Right now it feels like we have one foot in the present and the other in the future. I’m not sure this approach will get us where we would like to end up (World Series) especially being extremely frugal.

Sure, I'm down with that.

I’m in complete disbelief. We are currently 5-4 against teams that are 16-5 in games not against the Orioles. 

We have people who want the owner to step in and hold the GM accountable for this start. 

We have people claiming that CoC is an Elias apologist. 

Next we are going to hear calls for Brady Anderson or “Confederate” Syd Thrift to take the helm and right the ship. 

This team will hit. If it gets the pitching it has so far this year things will be just fine. 

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

I’m in complete disbelief. We are currently 5-4 against teams that are 16-5 in games not against the Orioles. 

We have people who want the owner to step in and hold the GM accountable for this start. 

Next we are going to hear calls for Brady Anderson or “Confederate” Syd Thrift to take the helm and right the ship. 

This team will hit. If it gets the pitching it has so far this year things will be just fine. 

You have now entered into…. The twilight zone 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, foxfield said:

My actual statement was that Elias should be held accountable if the season doesn’t go well.