Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

Reasonably satisfied, especially considering it's trending in the right direction. I don't worry much about caught stealing in the minors unless it's extreme... players need to test the limits and get a feel for it when the games don't count.

1 hour ago, SilverRocket said:

Reasonably satisfied, especially considering it's trending in the right direction. I don't worry much about caught stealing in the minors unless it's extreme... players need to test the limits and get a feel for it when the games don't count.

He’s 50 for 59, or 84.7%.  That’ll play in any league.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He survived the deadline. Maybe he gets a chance to breathe like the guys on the MLB team. That can’t be fun to hear your name in trade talks. Not saying it affected him. Hope he sees Bowie this year.  

I don't have any inside info, but I'd imagine he ends the year there. Feel like he's the best player in Aberdeen right now. 

This has to be one of the worst draft picks by Elias. Was he looking for someone to replace Mateo with a first round draft pick.  It’s literally like he wanted to prove people wrong with this pick. Nobody liked this pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lasted until like the fourth round if elias had not chose him.  

Edited by Spakman
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Spakman said:

This has to be one of the worst draft picks by Elias. Was he looking for someone to replace Mateo with a first round draft pick.  It’s literally like he wanted to prove people wrong with this pick. Nobody liked this pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lasted until like the fourth round if elias had not chose him.  

Pulled up 4 mock drafts from last year they had him going 18,18,16,16 so right around where we picked.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, catjuggler said:

Pulled up 4 mock drafts from last year they had him going 18,18,16,16 so right around where we picked.

My theory is that @Spakman  is an Albanian who just got interested in baseball recently and has a loooooong way to go.

SPAK, Special Anti-Corruption Structure (Albanian: Struktura e Posaçme Anti-Korrupsion) is an independent judicial entity tasked with investigating corruption and organized crime at the highest levels of government and society in Albania.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We have Mullins for one more year if we want.  It seems likely that we bring him back, but we do have a CF pipeline.  Cowser MLB, EBJ A+, Honeycutt 1st rd pick.  

...Overn, George, Whitaker.  🙂 

With Mateo on the 60-day IL, there’s a chance he is out for the year. If we want a pinch runner / defensive replacement type who won’t ever pick up a bat on the postseason roster, anybody better than Bradfield?

I don’t think it will happen, and it is impossible to understand how much that would be extremely uncharacteristic of Elias to lock up a 40-man spot and start Bradfield’s option years before he needs to. But Mateo being out does crack the door open a little for that consideration.

Much more likely to happen September next year if we think he will be the CF taking over for Mullins in 2026, or September 2026 before he’s rule 5 eligible that offseason.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Bradfield went 3 for 6 in today’s doubleheader, capping off a month in which he hit .309/.377/.412.   He has his season line up to .286/.362/.387 now.   

I'm betting he starts next Tuesday for Bowie.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There are no answers, only Zuul. But seriously, I think the issue at play here is we look at the body of work of guys like Eloy, Slater, O'Hearn, Rivera, and (to a lesser extent) Soto, you see where the holes are. I get that O'Hearn was thrust into 1B near FT due to the Mountcastle injury, but that didn't explain Hyde from playing O'Hearn in the OF when he is one of the worst defensive OFers on this team. Right now, this team is very much ailing. Ramon coming back will definitely help spell the need for O'Hearn to be a 1B by maybe letting Rivera play over there.  We need to get back to a point where O'Hearn is only hitting against righties and is playing sparingly in the field. Eloy is a liability at this point. I was a proponent of seeing what mechanical tweaks they could make similar to what they did w/ Hicks (and even O'Hearn!) and they did catch lightning in a bottle maybe due to excitement/adrenaline and BABIP being unsustainably high, but right now his flyballs aren't carrying and his groundballs aren't finding holes, so there's probably a reason why Chicago is saying, "Haha, told you so!" This team is in freefall offensively, at this point...just give the ABs to Mayo. You can't simultaneously say, "He needs to make adjustments!" and then let him have 5 ABs over 5 games. That isn't a way to grow a player. Not everybody can be a part time player and be effective off the bench/sparingly. Kjerstad has shown an ability to hit lefties in the minors as well as in the majors (albeit in very limited time, he his 4 for 10 against them). Let the kid play. Slater has fallen off a cliff, but at least he's a solid defensive OFer I get it, nobody is going to solve the offensive woes of this team when it comes to the rookies/young guys. Mayo, Holliday, Kjerstad, even Cowser...they're all still adjusting. The change needs to come from the main stays. Now, Adley is starting to hit, Gunnar is back on a hitting binge, but this lineup desperately needs some consistent production from Tony to go along with it because right now way too much pressure is being put on the bottom of the lineup and the young guys. And I'm not convinced Westy solves any of those issues as wrist injuries are a beast to bounceback from quickly.   
    • I get the desire to poo-poo analytics and advanced data, etc.  It does get obnoxious hearing about statcast pages in red when guys aren't hitting well.   But more obnoxious are cries of "the old eye test" and "old school" and the other various "yelling at cloud" types of arguments.  If everyone was stuck with the way things were done back in the day, we'd never progress and never advance in any area of life or society.  That includes how we look at and discuss baseball.
    • If the above is true, how do you get a team to deliver timely hits, stop pressing, and quite expecting to lose?  
    • I'm not sure if I'd go as far to say as Norby is a bad baseball player.   My post was a bit tongue in cheek.  Like, I'm not ready to give up on Trevor Rogers even though admittedly he's been terrible since he got here.  A lot of people were acting like we gave up Steve Finley 2.0 after Norby went on a heater when he arrived in Miami.  It was absolutely silly to think that way, just like it's silly to point to his recent cooldown as a sign of who he is, too. Much like the book hasn't been finished on the player Trevor Rogers will be, the book also hasn't been finished on who Norby will be, either.  I understand your criticism of him and I think it's valid to a degree but it also ignores the idea of any upside he has.   
    • 440 ML players have 100+ PAs this year. Norby is 404/440 in Exit Velocity and coincidentally 404/440 in Contact% So he doesn't put his bat on the ball and when he does, he doesn't hit it hard. Which (unlike Holliday and Mayo) is completely in line with his poor Exit Velocity and Contact% in AAA. He's not a good defender either. Norby is a bad baseball player and we're better off with Livan Soto and Emmanuel Rivera.
    • Norby has been coming back down to earth. He's 2-23 with 10 Ks and no extra base hits over the past week. OPS has dropped over 100 points. Currently .784
    • It was a great trade!! 🤣
  • Popular Contributors