Holliday called up!

jcaponio

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Range has never been the issue with Holliday. He has multiple plays like that in his defensive resume.

I know.  I just wanted an excuse to post it, since it was in his final MiL game.  Not a bad throw from that position, either.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know.  I just wanted an excuse to post it, since it was in his final MiL game.  Not a bad throw from that position, either.  

He made a pretty tough play look easy.  That’s the first time I’ve noticed some getty up on one of his throws.  

God took 7 days to create the universe.  Elias took 11 days to fix the Orioles woes against LHP.  Not too shabby!  Who's else need to be fixed vs. LHP?  Hays? 

Mayo and/or Norby should be fast followers for Urias and/or Hays.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m still saying Westy to the IL.

Can’t imagine they are just cutting Kemp, Urias or Mateo yet. 

I could see a trade and if it falls through, cut Kemp. If it were IL, they would just announce that. 

1 minute ago, NedFromYork said:

I believe there is a date by which if you release a free agent player that you signed to a MLB contract that you only owe them like 20%.  Is that still in existence?  For Kemp.

Is that just for arbitration employees?

8 hours ago, Gurgi said:

We also have to get him up early so he can settle in defensively.  Even Ripken struggled a LOT defensively his first several years.  Lots of throwing errors I think.  But he settled down.   

Cal made more errors in his early career than he did later, but by the advanced metrics he was above average from day one.   And he certainly was never a guy who had mental errors on defense, which Holliday has displayed several times this year.   Honestly, that’s the one thing I’m nervous about in the early going.  

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think JH leads off eventually, just not right away. 

I think you’re right but I hope they put him there quickly (at least against RHP). He should be one of the top OBP guys on the team from day 1, and over the course of the season batting lead off will of course result in more PA to contribute to his ROY chances.

The potential of having three #1 prospects Holliday Adley Gunnar that perfectly go L-S-L and fit the ideal profiles for 1-2-3 hitters is so awesome.