4/10 @ Boston Jackson Holliday's MLB debut

FlaO'sFan

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Anyone still think Irvin is “pitching good”? I couldn’t believe it when I heard Big Ben say that tonight. The man sucks plain and simple.

He threw 3 pitches that would have been called for strikes by most other umpires in baseball that this umpire called balls. The umpire cost him 2 outs that would not have been runs.

That said, I won't excuse the meat ball down the heart of the plate but I certainly understand if you're not getting calls in the bottom of the strike zone why you would attempt to get a called strike in other locations.

It's not Irvin's fault the umpre sucks.

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

If you're counting along at home, the run cost by the bases loaded non-walk call and the two runs given to Boston this inning make three. 

So your Official Score at this point is Orioles 0, Boston 2, and home plate umpire Bruce Dreckman 3. 

His last name is really Dreckman?

How fitting. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Ump: denies the O's another chance and gives the Sux another chance. There should be real, tangible consequences for these guys when they blow these calls.

Couldn't agree more. The lack of accountability for these guys when their incompetence hurts teams is inexcusable. 

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Anyone still think Irvin is “pitching good”? I couldn’t believe it when I heard Big Ben say that tonight. The man sucks plain and simple.

I’m not saying he is Koufax but his stuff is better than the stat line. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Irvin should be through 5 with at worst a 3-1 deficit. If you don't think that's good for your number 6 starter, then whatever. He was totally hosed in that inning.

100%.. Irvin isn5th starter. Crap umpiring and bad hitting until this inning has is down 5-0.