4/15: Twins limp into town with key players on IL

SteveA

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Can't fire him though. MLB has to virtue signal and talk about their Hispanic umpire.

Huh?

I haven't seen any of that.   As far as I have seen, MLB never mentions him because they know that everybody knows how bad he is.   I've certainly not seen them promoting him in anyway.   Don't think he's gotten any plum postseason assignments in years.

I assume the reason he can't be fired is related to their CBA with the umpires union.

Has any umpire of any race been fired?   If it has happened I don't think I've heard about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Huh?

I haven't seen any of that.   As far as I have seen, MLB never mentions him because they know that everybody knows how bad he is.   I've certainly not seen them promoting him in anyway.   Don't think he's gotten any plum postseason assignments in years.

I assume the reason he can't be fired is related to their CBA with the umpires union.

Has any umpire of any race been fired?   If it has happened I don't think I've heard about it.

Hernandez already sued MLB once for discrimination. They are not going to chance that again. 

• Upvote 1