Royals Series 4/19-4/21

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yesterday was a real kick in the balls.  Going up against the same guy who schooled us earlier in the season not even a month later and he does it again.  If I said I was surprised by that outcome, I'd be a liar.

Ragans today and while we have Burnes going, I just get the feeling that Ragans will stifle our offense some more.  

Gunnar lost the game in the first inning being stupid

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, I hate it when a game is lost in the first inning and I watch 8 more just to be certain. 

It can still be entertaining although the outcome has already been determined 

15 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It can still be entertaining although the outcome has already been determined 

It was a big play for sure but if the bullpen does their job it’s a 1-0 game heading to the 7th where we scored 4.   With a lead, maybe Tate doesn’t even pitch the 7th.   Multiple big spots in that game.  Henderson’s pickoff didn’t doom us to a loss.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It was a big play for sure but if the bullpen does their job it’s a 1-0 game heading to the 7th where we scored 4.   With a lead, maybe Tate doesn’t even pitch the 7th.   Multiple big spots in that game.  Henderson’s pickoff didn’t doom us to a loss.

We only scored 4 because KC brought in their turd reliever.

Score in the first and second innings and Kremer is pitching with a lead.

And, what was he even going to accomplish with that lead off 3rd base?

31 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

We only scored 4 because KC brought in their turd reliever.

Score in the first and second innings and Kremer is pitching with a lead.

And, what was he even going to accomplish with that lead off 3rd base?

Not defending  Henderson.    Saying that one play cost us the game is just your usual nonsense.

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Gunnar lost the game in the first inning being stupid

Mullins lost the game by popping up with one out and the bases loaded on the first pitch he saw after the pitcher had walked the previous two batters. Akin lost it by throwing batting practice in the middle of a tight game. The Orioles lost it by being the second best team on the field last night. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/19/2024 at 7:28 AM, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles should just walk "OLd Man" Perez every time they can. For some reason he seems to own us the last few years.

The Royals pitching has been amazing this year so far but something has to break. They are not going to pitch to a 2.79 ERA all year.

image.thumb.png.36c9b466af0c09861455c95a65f1643f.png

The Orioles offense has been fairly hot overall so either the Royals are going to cool the bats, or the Orioles are going to bring the Royals pitching back to earth. 

Burnes vs Ragans on Saturday should be a heck of a pitching duel. Of course that means the game will end 9-8. 

GettyImages-2029038139.thumb.jpg.fe690b64cb56cb2c1cc3485ddce71ac2.jpg

On 4/19/2024 at 7:28 AM, Tony-OH said:

Burnes vs Ragans on Saturday should be a heck of a pitching duel. Of course that means the game will end 9-8. 

Well, Tony......you were pretty close!! LOL!!

12 hours ago, dystopia said:

We had an 8-1 lead at Kauffman in a game last year that we squandered but eventually won anyway. I guess this is just going to be a yearly thing out here.

That game might have been even more aggravating than last night’s.  At the the end, they were both wins.  

Seth Lugo is off to a great start and has a flashy 1.05 ERA, but it should be said that 3 of his 4 starts are against the White Sox and Twins, the two worst hitting teams in the AL. In his start against the Astros, he was effective but gave up 7 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings. He could very well mow down the Orioles but it's certainly not a given.