Royals Series 4/19-4/21

5 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

If any other AL East team had the "home run hydration station" people would talk endlessly on this board about how obnoxious it was.

I wouldn’t. I tend not to focus/care about the opposition. Because I believe that if we play well/execute we will be successful most of the team, regardless of the opposition. I think we are that good.

Also, if you don’t want people to celebrate home runs, then make better pitches so that they don’t hit them… Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wish they would stop talking about the streak.

The streak ended in the playoffs last year.

I hope the O’s don’t give them a reason to stop talking about it.  I agree it gets tiresome when you recall the painful playoff sweep, which was far more meaningful than any regular season sweep would have been.  But we may as well keep the regular season streak going as long as humanly possible.  

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You've been on quite the roll lately. The curmudgeony is starting to melt away! 🤣

I’ll be performing at Bananas, the local comedy club, every Friday thru June.  Come catch a show.     (Disclaimer.  Nothing in this post was true)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Orioles are in sweet and tangy bbq land to play the Fightin' Bob Hamelins for a three game set starting tonight.

Fri:  7:40 EST start:  Dean Kremer vs. Alec Marsh

Sat:  7:10 EST start:  Corbin Burnes vs. Cole Ragans

Sun:  2:10 EST start:  Cole Irvin vs. Seth Lugo

KC enters the series 1 game back of the Cleveland Thomes and they're 7-3 over their last 10.  Despite their recent history of ineptitude, they look to be improved this year in the poverty stricken AL Central and they can still give us a hard time.  Lefty Ragans is off to a good start which means we'll be down Ryan O'Hearn for Austin Hays as is Sunday starter Lugo.

Bobby Witt 2.0 has an OPS of .997 and already at 1.6 WAR, Old Man Perez is at .943 and Vinnie Boom Bats is .853.

@Moose Milligan thanks for starting this thread.

Marsh and Ragans both shut us down but that was in the cold and rain. Our bats have come alive since then and now we get a 2nd look with them fresh in our minds. 

We took 2/3 from KC last year in KC at a similar time. A very high scoring series. Only Grienke baffled us. Probably because it was early in the season and he still had a fresh enough arm to do so.

Tough Matchups but our hitters like hitting at this ballpark, and have been on fire. 

• Upvote 1

I called them the Fighting Bob Hamelins, and I always think about Bob Hamelin for some reason when we play the Royals.

You probably won't be interested to know that Hamelin won the 1994 AL ROY award during the strike shortened season.  He then went on to have a pretty unremarkable career.

But then I wondered what notables he beat for that award and the biggest one was Manny Ramirez.  Jeffrey Hammonds got 3% of the vote, Jim Edmonds got 1%.  

It's also a vote that the writers got correct, since everything is a WAR race these days @FrobbyHamelin put up 2.6, which was slightly beat Jose Valentin of the Brewers at 2.5.  

I hope that Holliday can surpass the mighty Bob Hamelin before the season is over.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I called them the Fighting Bob Hamelins, and I always think about Bob Hamelin for some reason when we play the Royals.

You probably won't be interested to know that Hamelin won the 1994 AL ROY award during the strike shortened season.  He then went on to have a pretty unremarkable career.

But then I wondered what notables he beat for that award and the biggest one was Manny Ramirez.  Jeffrey Hammonds got 3% of the vote, Jim Edmonds got 1%.  

It's also a vote that the writers got correct, since everything is a WAR race these days @FrobbyHamelin put up 2.6, which was slightly beat Jose Valentin of the Brewers at 2.5.  

I hope that Holliday can surpass the mighty Bob Hamelin before the season is over.

You might not believe it, but this is what peak physical conditioning looks like if you want win the Rookie of Year award.

344dd095d1c47dd7ae440cd24eddba06.jpg lzgca0zdghejgl69upq3

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

@Moose Milligan thanks for starting this thread.

Marsh and Ragans both shut us down but that was in the cold and rain. Our bats have come alive since then and now we get a 2nd look with them fresh in our minds. 

We took 2/3 from KC last year in KC at a similar time. A very high scoring series. Only Grienke baffled us. Probably because it was early in the season and he still had a fresh enough arm to do so.

Tough Matchups but our hitters like hitting at this ballpark, and have been on fire. 

The Grienke start last year was excruciating.

I agree, something needs to give here between our hot hitting and their good pitching.  Marsh looks like that dude who can give us fits no matter how he's rolling.

Ragans is a good pitcher no matter what.  The Burnes/Ragans matchup looks to be a great duel.

As annoying as KC can be, I am really looking forward to this series kicking off tonight because it's good competition.  

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You might not believe it, but this is what peak physical conditioning looks like if you want win the Rookie of Year award.

344dd095d1c47dd7ae440cd24eddba06.jpg lzgca0zdghejgl69upq3

Probably took a chunk out of Jeffrey Hammonds leg that year, no wonder JH couldn't stay healthy.

• Haha 1

I was prepared to kind of like the Royals this year, but I found them instantly annoying again once we faced them. They are once again a slappy singles-hitting, base-stealing team with pitching that shouldn't be as good as it is. 

I hope we continue to mash dingers and get the series win. Kremer needs to rebound.

Edited by interloper