Royals Series 4/19-4/21

They play well at home, I think the last homestand they went 7-0. The "slappy singles-hitting team" is 1 HR shy of being tied for 3rd in MLB. They lost 106 games last year but I see a lot of the 2022 Orioles in this team, they will not be patsies for the league and they can certainly pitch.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

They play well at home, I think the last homestand they went 7-0. The "slappy singles-hitting team" is 1 HR shy of being tied for 3rd in MLB. They lost 106 games last year but I see a lot of the 2022 Orioles in this team, they will not be patsies for the league and they can certainly pitch.

Haha I guess I see what I want to see. They did put up like 9 runs on the Red Sox in one inning with basically all singles, FWIW. 

Edited by interloper

This is definitely a tangent, but Kaufman Stadium is absolutely gorgeous, and it makes me mad that ownership wants to bulldoze it and build a new stadium.

And make the towns people pay for it.

Isn’t it nice to be rich?

1 minute ago, DenPA2002 said:

I feel like the O's bats are completely different when the temps are above 65-70 degrees.

What's the 3 day forecast?

It will not get above a high of 64 in any of the next 3 days unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

We stole two of the three games against KC when they came to Baltimore two weeks ago, and everybody knows it. My guess is they'll have a chip on their shoulder about that. They out-hit us and out-homered us in our own park, and an unlucky bounce here or there and we could have been swept. I know the Brewers blew us out two of three, but IMO the Royals are the best team we've face so far. I'm expecting to lose a couple in KC but wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three.  

Yeah, but that's baseball.  Sometimes you steal a game, sometimes a game gets stolen from you.

The pitching matchups, I have an eye on of if we skip Irvin and throw Grayson on Sunday.

Without a change, Grayson would naturally get the Monday-Sunday next week, and miss the ensuing Monday-Thursday Yankees showdown.

I think we generally want more Grayson and less Irvin, including against the Yankees, right?

The other path would be to let him gas up extra after the Monday turn, and a home series vs. Oak isn't a bad scenario for a spot start.

7 hours ago, TopGunnar said:

I agree that this Royals team hasOrioles2022 vibes. I also think we’ll take care of business this series

the Royals gave us the business tonight...except for the slam by Adley...we stunk to high hell tonight...especially the pen...Akin and  Tate...they both came up small.

Yesterday was a real kick in the balls.  Going up against the same guy who schooled us earlier in the season not even a month later and he does it again.  If I said I was surprised by that outcome, I'd be a liar.

Ragans today and while we have Burnes going, I just get the feeling that Ragans will stifle our offense some more.  

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yesterday was a real kick in the balls.  Going up against the same guy who schooled us earlier in the season not even a month later and he does it again.  If I said I was surprised by that outcome, I'd be a liar.

Ragans today and while we have Burnes going, I just get the feeling that Ragans will stifle our offense some more.  

Hopefully, Burnes stifles them as well. Lugo might be their best pitcher right now and Irvin goes tomorrow.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:25 PM, DenPA2002 said:

I feel like the O's bats are completely different when the temps are above 65-70 degrees.

What's the 3 day forecast?

What is this based on?  Sweep in Boston was in the fifties. 7 and 10 runs last two games. Decent weather but It certainly wasn’t 70 when we swept the Twins at home earlier this week. 

I’m not even sure they’ve played a single game above 65 degrees yet in fact.  And they are one of the highest scoring teams in MLB. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

What is this based on?  Sweep in Boston was in the fifties. 7 and 10 runs last two games. Decent weather but It certainly wasn’t 70 when we swept the Twins at home earlier this week. 

I’m not even sure they’ve played a single game above 65 degrees yet in fact.  And they are one of the highest scoring teams in MLB. 

I went to the Sunday game vs the Angels (which we lost).   I think it was over 65.   I know I was way overdressed with a sweatshirt in seats in the sun.