Royals Series 4/19-4/21

6 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

We stole two of the three games against KC when they came to Baltimore two weeks ago, and everybody knows it. My guess is they'll have a chip on their shoulder about that. They out-hit us and out-homered us in our own park, and an unlucky bounce here or there and we could have been swept. I know the Brewers blew us out two of three, but IMO the Royals are the best team we've face so far. I'm expecting to lose a couple in KC but wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three.  

I wouldn't say the Orioles "stole" the first game of that series. Looking at the box score, I'd say the right team won.

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Still hate the Royals.  But they're tough.  We were fortunate to take 2 out of 3 in our home.  Game 3 we were down 3-0 going into the bottom of the 8th and dropped 2 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th.  I would be very happy with taking 2 and ecstatic with a sweep.  Please nothing less!

Hate the Royals? Because they swept us a decade ago in 2014?

Do you hate the Orioles players who didn’t perform in that series?

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

They were obnoxious.  And I only saw bits and pieces of it, because I was traveling at the time.   However, this is pretty much a completely different team, so who cares.  

17 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

We stole two of the three games against KC when they came to Baltimore two weeks ago, and everybody knows it. My guess is they'll have a chip on their shoulder about that. They out-hit us and out-homered us in our own park, and an unlucky bounce here or there and we could have been swept. I know the Brewers blew us out two of three, but IMO the Royals are the best team we've face so far. I'm expecting to lose a couple in KC but wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three.  

That would shock me since the O’s have only been swept ONE single time in TWO YEARS. 

You must think the Royals are an excellent ball club who will be in contention for the World Series.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They were obnoxious.  And I only saw bits and pieces of it, because I was traveling at the time.   However, this is pretty much a completely different team, so who cares.  

Yeah I agree they were. But the only player from that team who is still left is Perez. And he has always been a classy ball player.

To each their own. People can feel free to love/hate whoever they want.

I’m sure as we continue to win, fans of other teams will hate the O’s because we beat them.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

That would shock me since the O’s have only been swept ONE single time in TWO YEARS. 

You must think the Royals are an excellent ball club who will be in contention for the World Series.

The O’s will be swept by somebody this year.   And I guarantee that when it’s happening, half the posters will act like the end of the franchise is at hand.  But good teams typically get swept a couple of times a season.  

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Yup.

And like Frobby said, they were obnoxious the whole series. It seemed like everything went their way as well. 

It’s prob irrational, but I don’t really care. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Yeah I agree they were. But the only player from that team who is still left is Perez. And he has always been a classy ball player.

To each their own. People can feel free to love/hate whoever they want.

I’m sure as we continue to win, fans of other teams will hate the O’s because we beat them.

If any other AL East team had the "home run hydration station" people would talk endlessly on this board about how obnoxious it was.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The O’s will be swept by somebody this year.   And I guarantee that when it’s happening, half the posters will act like the end of the franchise is at hand.  But good teams typically get swept a couple of times a season.  

Let's just hope it doesn't come in the postseason again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wish they would stop talking about the streak.

The streak ended in the playoffs last year.

• Upvote 1