This team will make another early exit from the playoffs

dystopia

25 minutes ago, dystopia said:

No baseball smarts, no pitching. No ability to score runs at home. This tea is going nowhere  

Move this to the rants section if you want, because that’s what this. But you do not pitch to a guy who owns us with the game on the line when nobody else in the lineup can hit. Webb should have known that. Hyde should have known that. There was no reason Webb should have thrown anything in the same zip code as home plate to Rooker. Everyone knew what was going to happen. Then Cowser missing the cutoff man. McKenna doing McKenna things. Solid team loss tonight. Worst loss since the McKenna dropped popup game. Get this clown off the team. It’s a joke that he’s even here no matter how great of a guy he is. 

Oh, and Urias sucks at hitting. 

Entitled. SMH. 

Hyde didn’t push the right buttons, and that is frequently true, but the guys didn’t play well, and that’s not Hyde’s fault.

suck it up, getting some serious drinking in, and then do it again tomorrow.

And hope the brewers win tonight.

Id like to get rid of Webb and bring up Povich.

Just now, Philip said:

Hyde didn’t push the right buttons, and that is frequently true, but the guys didn’t play well, and that’s not Hyde’s fault.

suck it up, getting some serious drinking in, and then do it again tomorrow.

And hope the brewers win tonight.

Id like to get rid of Webb and bring up Povich.

Baumann should go first.

But really, just get rid of the whole bullpen and start over.

No overreaction, because I have been saying this after wins and losses:

This team will never win anything with this bullpen. In today's game, you need a good to very good BP to win. You can't go to 36-year old Kimbrel every night. Someone else has to step up. It was EXACTLY the same situation with Bautista. He was the only dominating reliever the O's had, got overused, and they broke him.

This has been a problem in 2022/2023 and is still a problem in 2024. This has been Elias' only shortcoming...

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This team has to start playing better at home. I'm tired of them putting out these sad sack offensive displays in front of 35,000 paying fans against junk teams.

They’re 8-5 at home, 8-4 on the road. They score 5.5 runs per game at home. They also score 5.5 runs per game on the road. 

What was your point again?

Edited by ledzepp8

5 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Every AL East team lost tonight so all is good; Joey Ortiz walks it off against the yanks in the 11th.

Agree it hurts less, but OTOH it's a missed opportunity.

Joey Ortiz and the Brewers are enjoying themselves tonight so that helps with this stinging loss.

Elias MUST fix this BP. And I don't want to hear about Means and Bradish coming back as the fix. He needs to do more.

57 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This is like PHing Hays for O'Hearn a few games ago which people here also defended.

Speaking of Hays, whom I rarely defend, I think he would have rifled a throw to the cutoff man and nabbed that slow runner at home. And speaking of McKenna, whom nobody defends, I think Santander gets a better read and a higher leap and catches that drive. Just to say, some nights it just doesn't work out. That said, the thin bullpen continues to be a concern... and it's still only April. 

Edited by now