No one asked me, but he's some of my ideas for strengthening the bullpen and another idea or two.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't.  I think the reduction in team control counteracts any slight bump in performance.  I'm not sure a bump is even there, it could just be a hot start.

Agreed and He can also be an effective reliever (See last Year)

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

This post seems a bit out of line. There was nothing wrong with Bemore's post. He was just (correctly) calling out a part of the post that probably wasn't accurate. It's a message board.

Other than the fact that he mocked Him. Roy said Those players for a decent pitcher, who could be Dillon Tate or something of the equal. Are you going to get CB, no but you're  going to get something north of a coffee maker. Of course he was being Fictitious, and I Did qualify my post as not that it means anything. You're right Its just a message Board and part of what this board does is reminisce about Oriole Lore which many times being about players from the 60's, 70's or 80's. Roy is the only poster Ive read that's knows Miami Stadium. The only thing I asked the board and maybe its the the wrong thread, Do you know the significance of that Stadium or the city of Miami for that matter. I'm 62, still work, Kids in there 20's ask me today? Why are you're an Oriole Fan, You must be from Baltimore, what I tell them is, no I'm not from Baltimore, I'm an Oriole fan because I grew in South Florida. Roy knows, Do you       

1 hour ago, Keygans said:

Yep.   If his back is tight, he will pull his pitches .  The frustrating thing isn’t that he’s hurt, but that no one noticed after Friday and until now… but maybe CK didn’t tell anyone?

I didn’t really notice a pattern on Friday, though maybe if I looked again I r we like.  But yesterday was quickly apparent.  I was texting with a friend and he texted me “something looks wrong here” after two pitches.   

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

Wells is IR Vespi is in the Minors, Bradish and Means are coming back . Who Goes?

Means isn’t ready… so I’d guess Bradish for Baumann.  Vespi for Ramirez.   When wells comes back then Webb is gone.   Slide Suarez to the pen.  

6 minutes ago, Keygans said:

Means isn’t ready… so I’d guess Bradish for Baumann.  Vespi for Ramirez.   When wells comes back then Webb is gone.   Slide Suarez to the pen.  

Means pitched 7 innings of shutout ball yesterday and his rehab assignment is up.  Whether he's "ready" or not, a decision needs to be made.  Based on his performance yesterday I'd say he's about as ready as he's going to be.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Means pitched 7 innings of shutout ball yesterday and his rehab assignment is up.  Whether he's "ready" or not, a decision needs to be made.  Based on his performance yesterday I'd say he's about as ready as he's going to be.

Yup.  Means will be up for the Cincinnati series.

10 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I was batboy for several seasons in that stadium...and I dont mind people mocking me...its fun...ive been mocked plenty in my career...

Ridicule has no place. I appreciate your patience, though.

You must have tremendous memories of those foul balls. The stuff you must have seen!

Anyway, the very idea of a dedicated closer is stupid.

Jeff Passan wrote a long, adulatory article about Buck tossing the closer idea and using his best reliever in the inning of most need.

And then, the Wild Card game, where Buck DIDNT…and look what happened.

Closers are stupid, and last night was yet another example.

The As are better, because they aren’t afraid to use their best, or not use him.

Oy…

I found this question and answer - and the way it was answered - to be revealing.  I was surprised that he didn't agree that there was no long relief.  I think the questioner was surprised that he had to explain himself.  The fumbling for an answer tells me there's concern about what he's got, but more about their inability to perform than not having the right guys.

It always seems like he puts guys in based on incomplete information, like he's actually just going by the numbers and expects them to just perform, gdmt.  And he always seems surprised when someone doesn't. 

About 30 seconds before this clip starts, if you back it up, you'll see his frustration, too, about CK telling him he was okay. 

26 minutes ago, justD said:

I found this question and answer - and the way it was answered - to be revealing.  I was surprised that he didn't agree that there was no long relief.  I think the questioner was surprised that he had to explain himself.  The fumbling for an answer tells me there's concern about what he's got, but more about their inability to perform than not having the right guys.

It always seems like he puts guys in based on incomplete information, like he's actually just going by the numbers and expects them to just perform, gdmt.  And he always seems surprised when someone doesn't. 

About 30 seconds before this clip starts, if you back it up, you'll see his frustration, too, about CK telling him he was okay. 

I found this interesting as well, seems like when we were losing Hyde was very honest and open in interviews and now he seems more guarded and careful, I'm sure the reasons behind this are complex, but it's a disturbing trend.  

Edited by thegardner

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Ahh thanks!! Didn’t know that.    Well… I’d keep Vespi down and just get rid of Baumann Webb and Ramirez .    But we can wait til Cincy to move Webb.   Or … hoping we don’t need to DL Kimbrel.  

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Other than the fact that he mocked Him. Roy said Those players for a decent pitcher, who could be Dillon Tate or something of the equal. Are you going to get CB, no but you're  going to get something north of a coffee maker. Of course he was being Fictitious, and I Did qualify my post as not that it means anything. You're right Its just a message Board and part of what this board does is reminisce about Oriole Lore which many times being about players from the 60's, 70's or 80's. Roy is the only poster Ive read that's knows Miami Stadium. The only thing I asked the board and maybe its the the wrong thread, Do you know the significance of that Stadium or the city of Miami for that matter. I'm 62, still work, Kids in there 20's ask me today? Why are you're an Oriole Fan, You must be from Baltimore, what I tell them is, no I'm not from Baltimore, I'm an Oriole fan because I grew in South Florida. Roy knows, Do you       

First, Roy gets treated with kid gloves by basically every poster on the board. Roy is a very emotional poster/fan, everyone enjoys that he posts, and of course hopes he continues to be a part of OH. But basically every other poster would have far, far stronger pushback on the ideas that Roy posts. If you read the board, then you know this. Let’s not treat Roy like he needs to live in bubble wrap. I think he can handle somebody challenging his ideas. If not, then don’t post the ideas. Second, Roy’s post didn’t have jack to do with Orioles spring training back in the day. 

Edited by Ohfan67
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I see that the idea about Suarez being tried out as a closer or high leverage reliever I've been posting about this week is building momentum. This is good. Send a Suarez for Closer missionary to the Orioles front office and let's make even more converts!

I’ve been saying it since Spring Training.

2 hours ago, thegardner said:

I found this interesting as well, seems like when we were losing Hyde was very honest and open in interviews and now he seems more guarded and careful, I'm sure the reasons behind this are complex, but it's a disturbing trend.  

It's like he is adamant against letting relievers go multiple innings by the way he reacted to that. I find it annoying the way he tried to guard against answering that question openly.

Kimbrel hasn’t looked right all year.  He’s been wild in the zone and his fastball is down 1.9 Mph on the season with his usage at a career high.  

If you look at his statcast usage visual graph, you’ll see why.  His curve is all over the place and even when he located it low & outside of the zone (where it should be) it’s getting hit hard.  Couple that with a fastball that has no command and is 1.9 ticks lower than last year and you have yourself a disaster that’s been waiting to expose itself all year. 

Edited by emmett16