Grayson to IL with shoulder inflammation. Means activated.

I'm also not banking on Bradish or even Means to remain healthy during the entire season. I hope they are, and I hope they are effective, but I'm not betting a dime that it happens.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why would Grayson want to fight the team on this? If he thinks it will be best for him come October, why would he fight it? It's not like he's fighting for a salary since he's not arbitration eligible or anywhere near free agency.  

All the stats accumulate over the seasons.  As does the reputation for being hurt.  I don't want any fake trips to the IL on my record when I hit free agency or even when I get to arbitration.

Our science experiment continues tomorrow when we see if after a tough opponent faced whether Corbin Burnes needs to hit the IL for Kyle Bradish's possible game 4 return.

If this happening occurred on almost any other day but the precise day Means' rehab ran out, it would be scarier (and not saying it isn't scary anyway).

Actions will speak louder than words, and...checks calendar...we'll see who pitches for the Orioles against oh say the Toronto Blue Jays about May 15th.

It is kind of nice how this clears the dance floor for the Club to gain a view how both Bradish and Means are able to perform for a few rotation cycles without unseating both Irvin and Suarez in good form right this minute.

18 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Thats a pretty stupid reason in April so I’m not buying it. 

You think a series for possession of 1st place in the best division in baseball is insignificant? April games count just the same as September games.

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

Probably right.  I have no idea how much room they could find in the Stadium.  Probably they could install one in the Warehouse.  

My musings were totally the thoughts of a total amateur with no idea of what the logistics of this would be.  

Also I think an MRI machine is like a half million or something.  I could be very wrong however.  

It's not just purchasing the machine and making room for it.   You have to hire skilled professionals to run it, and skilled professionals to interpret the results.   You probably have to be a licensed medical facility to have one.   There are plenty of labs in the area that provide the service.   I guess it would be more convenient for the players but setting up that type of facility on the premises, with all that entails, is probably overkill.    I would assume that wherever the players go to get their MRIs is downtown somewhere and as convenient as possible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

It’s probably real and has been on the radar a while. Remember they pushed him back a day for no reason for the Angels start. 

The speculation at that time was that it was done to line him up to pitch in the Yankee series rather than the last game vs Oakland.

Which made sense.

But now we have more information so perhaps that was the cause.

Just now, SteveA said:

It's not just purchasing the machine and making room for it.   You have to hire skilled professionals to run it, and skilled professionals to interpret the results.   You probably have to be a licensed medical facility to have one.   There are plenty of labs in the area that provide the service.   I guess it would be more convenient for the players but setting up that type of facility on the premises, with all that entails, is probably overkill.    I would assume that wherever the players go to get their MRIs is downtown somewhere and as convenient as possible.

I don't disagree but the O's are in a position in which they could share all those costs with the NFL team right across the street.  So it's not quite as bad as you suggest.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

All the stats accumulate over the seasons.  As does the reputation for being hurt.  I don't want any fake trips to the IL on my record when I hit free agency or even when I get to arbitration.

Just my opinion, but I don't really think the O's engage in 100% fake IL stints. They might use soreness as a reason here or there, but generally I'm skeptical that they abuse the system. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm also not banking on Bradish or even Means to remain healthy during the entire season. I hope they are, and I hope they are effective, but I'm not betting a dime that it happens.

I think Bradish vs the Yankees is asking a lot...I dont think he' s fully ready...but we have Suarez ready to pitch even if Bradish is not sharp tomorrow...Id actually flip it...and start Suarez and bring Bradish in around the 4th inning...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I think Bradish vs the Yankees is asking a lot...I dont think he' s fully ready...but we have Suarez ready to pitch even if Bradish is not sharp tomorrow...Id actually flip it...and start Suarez and bring Bradish in around the 4th inning...

I think it's Irvin's turn, so he might back up Bradish, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Well, NOW the question is whether we trade Basallo for a starter.

so…um…where can we find a good starter?

and by good I mean >Flaherty and his ilk.

Why are we trading Basallo at all?

39 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Fred Tyler could run it, probably.