5/1 vs. Yankees

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I've said, and most here disagree that Mayo at 3b would give us more pop and a dangerous hitter even if his defense isn't as good as Urias. I can live with an occasional miscue if the guy gives us 30 HR a season...and he would...

If mayo comes up, it had better be to play first, I saw enough of Mark Reynolds at third base to cover the rest of my life

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I've said, and most here disagree that Mayo at 3b would give us more pop and a dangerous hitter even if his defense isn't as good as Urias. I can live with an occasional miscue of the guy gives us 30 HR a season...and he would...

The only other consideration with the idea of trading defense for offense, is that their glove doesn't just effect their own individual performance. It affects the pitching too. If there's a miscue it raises the pitch count and frustrates the pitcher on the mound.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

They have really pitched Judge tough this series. 

Judge is in a deep slump. I have never seen him look this pedestrian for this length of time. I can’t recall him ever having a month long slump.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

How’s Burnes looking? Just got home. 

He looks great but he's been stolen on a few times. He's focusing on the batter and not worrying about the runner. And doing a good job of it. He's taking his time pitching as much as he can.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

When I see close-ups of tattoos, I often wonder, “why.”

I can’t see what Gil has tattooed on his neck underneath his chin, but but it can’t possibly be profound enough.

"No Ragrets"

• Haha 1