5/1 vs. Yankees

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I just can’t remember it. But then again you usually only remember the good ones like the ones to beat the Angels when he shouldn’ve been safe. Knew that was McCann

He's thrown a couple runners out, but it's been few and far between. His arm is not good, and in this game Burnes is a great pitcher but he takes a long time to get the pitch to the plate.

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

I have to watch the Yankee feed, they were saying the O's can't hit 95+ they struggle with velocity.

Yeah, I don't really think that's our hitters' weakness.  We do far worse against breaking balls (I'll get stats if needed)

Last night, Cowser on the mic said to the hitting coaches, "Why couldn't he throw me 94!" because he'd been getting nothing but breaking balls thrown at him lately. 

1 minute ago, Emory Eagle said:

Burnes’ agent is going to give him a call tonight and tell him not to try a kick save on a 105+ exit velo ball back up the middle in his free agent year.

Good luck trying to convince of that. Burnes is an ultimate competitor. I doubt anybody is going to tell him anything when he’s out on the mound.

1 minute ago, justD said:

Yeah, I don't really think that's our hitters' weakness.  We do far worse against breaking balls (I'll get stats if needed)

Last night, Cowser on the mic said to the hitting coaches, "Why couldn't he throw me 94!" because he'd been getting nothing but breaking balls thrown at him lately. 

I don't know about overall but Henderson and Mountcastle were #1 and #5 in slugging against non-fastballs a couple of days ago.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Good luck trying to convince of that. Burnes is an ultimate competitor. I doubt anybody is going to tell him anything when he’s out on the mound.

I'm sure it's about impossible to turn off those instincts in the heat of the moment.