May 3rd @ Reds

16 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I wish the O's would move on from Hyde, but it's not happening as long as the O's keep winning. 

Old timer here, I don't post anymore. My last contribution was probably over a year ago, but I'm coming out of my cave for this one. So who do you want? Aaron Boone? Johnny Oates? Joe Altobelli? Insane take.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, orioleslist said:

Old timer here, I don't post anymore. My last contribution was probably over a year ago, but I'm coming out of my cave for this one. So who do you want? Aaron Boone? Johnny Oates? Joe Altobelli? Insane take.

Great post. Couldn’t agree more. 

7 minutes ago, orioleslist said:

Do you just read game threads? That seems insane.

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Ok i was wrong.  Kimbrel looks like he's back.  Maybe he needs a 4 day break every 5 weeks or so to recover from Hyde overuse. 

More breaks than that please! 

I think what we need is for more bullpen arms to emerge into highly trusted 7th/8th inning roles so that it doesn't have to be the Cano/Coulombe/Kimbrel trio every close games. 

Just now, Spy Fox said:

That'd be great but they're already first in the AL and second in MLB in runs. 

They need to outscore the opponent by more than 3 runs, I thought it was clearer that was what I meant in response to we shouldn't use Kimbrel too often. Sorry for the miscomm.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

They need to outscore the opponent by more than 3 runs, I thought it was clearer that was what I meant in response to we shouldn't use Kimbrel too often. Sorry for the miscomm.

Yeah, I got that it's about the save opportunities. My point about the offense is just, I think improvement from the rotation and middle relief is the more likely path to get more non-save W's. The offense is already killing it (though the pitching has carried us this week!). 

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

More breaks than that please! 

I think what we need is for more bullpen arms to emerge into highly trusted 7th/8th inning roles so that it doesn't have to be the Cano/Coulombe/Kimbrel trio every close games. 

I've got to think that as long as we keep winning we trade for some bullpen help.  Kimbrel is fine and it's good that he's a vet that figure stuff out in between outings, but he's 35 and can't be relied on for nearly the same workload as we leaned on Felix for.