Sunday May 19: O's vs Mariners

SteveA

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So. You can still use Kimbrel tomorrow. 

That remains to be seen. If he throws fewer than 8-9 pitches, sure, but he may throw 18. But even 8-9 is unnecessary usage.

regardless, the point remains that Irvin could have thrown the ninth, and should have.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

He's had 3 hitless, walkless appearances in a row before this one.    Why wouldn't he?   Because he had a rough stretch a couple weeks ago?

Relax...competent is a compliment.

Just now, Philip said:

That remains to be seen. If he throws fewer than 8-9 pitches, sure, but he may throw 18. But even 8-9 is unnecessary usage.

regardless, the point remains that Irvin could have thrown the ninth, and should have.

It was all RH batters in the 9th.   And I think there is some value to re-establishing Kimbrel's confidence in a late game situation.  

I think the points regarding Kimbrel's load management are reasonable but I'd like to think he's available tomorrow considering he hasn't pitched in a while.  But if he pitches tomorrow he'd probably need 2 days off.

Pitchers tend to pitch poorly if you give them too much rest so if you let him sit today you're probably using him tomorrow regardless of the score.

Just now, baltfan said:

Oh now, bit snarky aren’t we?  

Why does everything have to be perceived as snark? I wasn't being snarky. I believe she's a grown woman and if she didn't want to go to she would be allowed not to. You made it sound like he's forcing her to go.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Why does everything have to be perceived as snark? I wasn't being snarky. I believe she's a grown woman and if she didn't want to go to she would be allowed not to. You made it sound like he's forcing her to go.

What did i miss? Why are we talking about the owners wife in a game thread

Just now, Malike said:

Because you are taking it to the extreme.  I am sure she chooses, but so does he.  She also probably has things she would like to do with him that aren’t baseball. It was just funny thought I had as a guy who has been married a long time and realizes the compromises necessary in marriage. You took it to me saying he was forcing her to come to every game.