Cade Povich 2024

Pickles

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

We got Eflin. He is your Burnes replacement. We start the year with Eflin-Grayson-Kremer. That isn't much different than Burnes-Grayson-Kremer. If you sign two more SP there is no room for any of Povich, Suarez , Rogers, Young and McDermott. I do not think Kremer is going to be our 5th starter. 

I like Eflin but the idea that we go into next season with him as our ace.......🤢🤮

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

That is a crazy pessimistic take. Kremer is our #3 starter in the wild card series, he is not a #5! But yeah if you count Means or similar on a MiL deal as a second starter, sure. I don't think we are getting multiple Eovaldi types. 

Kremer is our #3 by default right now, and Suarez is arguably #3 anyway.

Im hoping Means will take a team friendly deal, but we still need two solid starters.

If/when we get them, we’ll figure something out, but let’s get them first.

regardless, Means/Wells/Bradish won’t be available until mid-season anyway, so, again, they can’t be counted on.

18 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Im hoping Means will take a team friendly deal, but we still need two solid starters.

regardless, Means/Wells/Bradish won’t be available until mid-season anyway, so, again, they can’t be counted on.

What is the argument for Suarez being #3?

17 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Under what scenario would he be left off the wild card roster? 
I don’t see one. It would require Bowman and Baker both over him, which would be insane.

Burnes, Eflin, Kremer, Suarez, Dominguez, Soto, Cano, Akin, Perez, DC and Webb…those 11 definitely stay.

Doubtful they go with 13 pitchers…no need to.  Do they go with 11 pitchers or 12?  I would guess 12 but really it’s not necessary to have more than 8 relievers.

So, that leaves Povich or Bowman.  Povich gives you length but he also isn’t used to pitching out of the pen.

I think Povich is on the roster for the next series and he could even start game 1 but I think him being left off for this series is at least on the table.

I would think he gets the spot though.

6 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

We need to resign Burnes, or replace him with someone comparable.  If you want to win the World Series, you need a legitimate ace.  We don't need two sign 2 backend guys.  

I never said that though. I absolutely agree they need to do what you said . I want a legit ace and someone like a solid 4. The Orioles need to capitalize on this young inexpensive team and strike while the iron is hot. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Burnes, Eflin, Kremer, Suarez, Dominguez, Soto, Cano, Akin, Perez, DC and Webb…those 11 definitely stay.

Doubtful they go with 13 pitchers…no need to.  Do they go with 11 pitchers or 12?  I would guess 12 but really it’s not necessary to have more than 8 relievers.

So, that leaves Povich or Bowman.  Povich gives you length but he also isn’t used to pitching out of the pen.

I think Povich is on the roster for the next series and he could even start game 1 but I think him being left off for this series is at least on the table.

I would think he gets the spot though.

You can’t ignore how he pitched against Detroit and the makeup of their roster. He has more value than even Suarez if that is who we end up playing.

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

Well, I don't like to predict things on message boards but my prediction is we will not acquire two pitchers with a better Zips projection than Kremer. I would be more surprised by two than I would be by zero.

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

You can’t ignore how he pitched against Detroit and the makeup of their roster. He has more value than even Suarez if that is who we end up playing.

I actually don’t disagree with you but you said there is no scenario he doesn’t make the team…I disagree.

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Well, I don't like to predict things on message boards but my prediction is we will not acquire two pitchers with a better Zips projection than Kremer. I would be more surprised by two than I would be by zero.

To be honest, I am inclined to agree with you, because I don’t get the sense that Elias works that way. I also don’t think he will get to Frontline pitchers.

I hope you will get one.

However, what he actually does doesn’t really change the fact that he should get  two 

And by Frontline, I mean someone Under 32 years old, with a career ERA plus of better than average, a career ERA under four, and a good ground ball rate. And I don’t care what his time to the plate is, with all due respect to buck.

I haven’t looked around to see what’s available, but when I do off-season shopping, it’s going to be at the Angels, the athletics, and the White Sox. Maybe the Mariners, who still need offense and who still have pitching.