Wednesday 6/12 vs Atlanta

86this

Odd question, but what is going on with the Braves offense? I am glad to be catching them when they aren't hitting well, but the O's haven't had a stretch like this all year. Olson, Albies, Acuna, and Duvall have all struggled. Now Acuna is out for the year. 

Povich certainly has the results so far tonight though. Curve is looking good and he is mixing his pitches well.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You sound like @RZNJ. His minor league numbers, including statcast numbers would suggest you are wrong. Not sure what you guys are looking for, but hitters don't make a lot of hard contact. You don't need to throw 95MPH to have success, especially as a lefty who can throw 5-6 pitches.

My biggest issue with Povich has always been a lack of control. Same issue I had with DL Hall, who has better pure stuff. Where do you see him ending up? If you think he's a TOR guy I think you're on a small island there. 

2 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Odd question, but what is going on with the Braves offense? I am glad to be catching them when they aren't hitting well, but the O's haven't had a stretch like this all year. Olson, Albies, Acuna, and Duvall have all struggled. Now Acuna is out for the year. 

Povich certainly has the results so far tonight though. Curve is looking good and he is mixing his pitches well.

Bad offense can be contagious. Fewer base runners = fewer pitches to hit = fewer base runners etc.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Yeah I said he reminded me of Fried and everyone freaked out lol.

In terms of stuff and windup, it’s not far off. Fried fastball is 93.7 average. Povich just lacks the command and consistency.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

See, Maddux, Greg...never threw hard...all about location and changing speeds.

Maddux actually did throw hard early on but he wasn’t good then.  He learned to take a little off and get command.