Friday 6/14 vs Philadelphia

Morgan423

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I know. Just saying he would be nice to have in October. 

There is a tear of some sort. We know that. 

In the current state of MLB this is par for the course. As I stated earlier to Roy, the silver lining in this is that we can get a comparable starting pitcher via trade if need be.

I know Elias is very apprehensive about surrendering talent AND many posters don't like the idea of trading any good prospects. But we may not have a choice if we want to try to win it all this year. 

This is why I don't believe that it is wise to punt on present opportunities for the sake future possibilities. Because there are no certainties when it comes to injuries. 

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Got a kick out of them showing the Andino game winner against Papelbon.  Took my mind off worrying about Bradish, if only for a little.

Tanaka pitched with a similar injury.  There were times where his velocity would be down and it looked like he was injured.  He would then work through it.  

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

In the current state of MLB this is par for the course. As I stated earlier to Roy, the silver lining in this is that we can get a comparable starting pitcher via trade if need be.

I know Elias is very apprehensive about surrendering talent AND many posters don't like the idea of trading any good prospects. But we may not have a choice if we want to try to win it all this year. 

This is why I don't believe that it is wise to punt on present opportunities for the sake future possibilities. Because there are no certainties when it comes to injuries. 

Not sure who you are going to trade for that is a Bradish comp.  He has been pretty damn good. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Tanaka pitched with a similar injury.  There were times where his velocity would be down and it looked like he was injured.  He would then work through it.  

My memory is a little hazy these days but I don't think Tanaka threw as hard as Bradish (?) 

In any case I'm not saying it's 100% the worst case scenario, but the optics don't look good.  I guess at the end of the day, all we can do is hope.