6/26 vs Cleveland

Morgan423

Just now, Yossarian said:

Does the 5 game losing streak affect attendance?  Seems like a disappointingly small crowd for a game between to of the league's best teams, even for a Wednesday night. 

I doubt it. Big crowds over weekend. I’m sure if they were red hot maybe some more walk up. Not huge difference I would think.  Seems to me they are getting better crowds during week in years. 

Adley is kind of a frustrating watch lately. He's being aggressive outside the strike zone but not really doing damage inside the strike zone. He doesn't look like a guy with a plan like he has in the past.

On the other hand, the Luis Gil magic is not back, as the Mets score three off him in the third.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Excellent points. My only real responses are that 2023 was a career year for Scott. Every other year his walk rate was too high.    Every year is a new year, and there’s little as variable from year to year as relief pitching, so saying he was splendid last year means nothing compared to his career norms. However, you’re correct about this season. He started poorly and has gotten better. Still, once burned is twice warned, and I wouldn’t want him back.
    • That works.  I also think we need to find everyday AB for Kjerstad.   Cowser in LF, Mullins in CF, Santander in RF, is the best defensive alignment and the most likely to get the most AB.  As great as O’Hearns AB are the amount of actual damage is good, not great.   Just a thought.  We have a club option on O’Hearn with Santander headed for FA so I doubt he’s going anywhere.   On further thought we should probably just hold onto O’Hearn.  Lol
    • We don’t know how long he will be out of the field. I agree that matters a lot.  But when he’s ready, he’s going to be up.
    • Seems like Holliday isn't going to be up for at least a month or more. He hasn't seemed to have recovered his form since his demotion. Are we sure he's going to be ready to contribute this year at the major league level or is it possible he needs all of 2024 for development? If Holliday makes it clear he's ready before the end of July, I like moving Mounty at the trade deadline, putting O'hearn at first base and then using either Mayo or Westburg at DH whenever the other is at 3b.
    • Because Holliday will be up..and then what?  Guys have to be moved.
    • I would be very sad if O'Hearn were to be moved. He's been one of the best hitters in baseball this year IMHO. We've given Urias and Mateo 282 ABs this year of combined sub .700 OPS production. I'd like to give all of those ABs in the 2nd half to Mayo. Mayo at 3b, Westy at 2b with Mateo super utility? Why doesn't that work?
  • Popular Contributors