Fangraphs Updated Top 45 Prospect List

Can_of_corn

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Here’s another list from “the other guys”.

It doesn’t appear Holliday is eligible here, just an FYI:

Os have 4 on this list including Estrada and Etzel.

Beavers is on there too, so it’s 5. Is anybody with MLB time not eligible anymore, so no Holliday and Kjerstad?

7 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Beavers is on there too, so it’s 5. Is anybody with MLB time not eligible anymore, so no Holliday and Kjerstad?

It’s a compilation of 5 lists and I have seen other lists and many will talk about non debuted guys, so that’s why you don’t see those guys.

8 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

This is their own list that they updated yesterday, where they have Holliday #1 and Kjerstad inside the top 50.

No resting on our laurels:

Tampa: “Once again one of the very best systems in baseball, the Rays have a high-end combination of big time impact talent at the very top of their org to go with overall depth.”  (1 60, 3 55, 49 at 35+)

Boston: “This is perhaps the deepest system in all of baseball, and one of the best.” (1 55, 4 50, 47 at 35+)

New York“This system is healthy (that’s a formidable group of 50s up top) and exciting.” (1 55, 5 50, 36 at 35+)

The O’s still have the upper hand, with 1 70, 1 60, 2 55 and 1 50, 45 at 35+.   Two of our top guys listed have graduated or will graduate this season.

By the way, I think Longenhagen’s editor must have given him a kick in the ass, because he’s been coming out with a new team report almost every other day recently after lollygagging around for months.  Reports by month:

Dec. - 2

Jan. - 3

Feb. - 0

March - 2

April - 4

May - 7

June - 6

July - 3

They’ve done 5 in the last 12 days.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You can’t assume he’ll win a rotation spot, but he’s valuable depth. He should have the opportunity to earn his way into the rotation but make sure to have at least 5 SP who should be better. 
    • Yep - Eflin was perfectly reasonable as a free agent prior to 2023.
    • He got 30 ABs. Does he get more if they aren’t resigned? Does he get called up sooner if they’re not here? When did he get called up again the second time? When Mateo got injured. 
    • Anyone see the Mets 9th inning last night down 2-0?  Just unbelievable.  That is the opposite of what we saw from the Orioles with their season on the line.  Incredible at-bats by Lindor and Nimmo and then a opposite field 3-run HR by another veteran Pete Alonso.  They then scored another run on a HPB, stolen base and Marte single.  The Orioles need to add a couple solid, dependable RH hitters.  They've needed this for the past two years.  If they just roll out this same position player squad next year with a couple dumpster diver additions that's just not going to cut it.  They also need a veteran leader of some sort, seems like that was lacking.  Also wondering if the LF wall is hurting this team not just on the field (clearly did in WC series) but psychologically and in terms of front-office strategy.  Maybe time to move that thing in 10 feet, especially if the offensive strategy is gonna continue to be "try and hit a HR on every pitch up and down the line-up". 
    • Yeah, Elias unloaded a ton of prospects/young players this year, tbh. Hall, Ortiz/draft pick for Burnes. Johnson and Chace for Soto (ugh) Etzel, Baumeister, and Horvath for Eflin Stowers and Norby for Rogers I get that there are injuries, but if Elias just dabbled in FA a bit more this offseason and shored up the bullpen and rotation they wouldn’t have needed to do at least 2 of those trades.  And while all of those guys except for Burnes (he’ll net a comp pick) are under control through next year (Soto, Eflin) and the year after (Rogers), I’d argue you could have used those guys in the offseason and/or for yourself if you just went the FA route.  I do think Elias gambled too much at the start of the year. With Bradish hurt back in February, that really left Burnes, Grayson, Kremer, Means, Wells, and Irvin. Well, Means had a setback and had an injury history, Wells had an injury history, and even though Suarez was a depth signing, the depth wasn’t all that great. There were plenty of options available in February to reduce the need to ever let it get to a spot to desperation sign Rogers, tbh.  
    • I've been thinking about #2 a lot and wondering why this didn't come up at Elias' press conference.  I think the answer if you have to target a RH bat who isn't solely power-focused or chasing HR numbers, but who is otherwise a caliber of lefty-masher better than Mounty. Or, you force that hitter here via trade.
  • Popular Contributors