7/3 vs Mariners

allquixotic

Just now, Malike said:

He'll be here to troll JRod if he does something bad.

I don't know, O'Hearn's double went off JRod's glove and there was nary a peep from the Moose.  He must be a no-show tonight.   Maybe he's out setting off fireworks a night early like the folks in my neighborhood.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I don't know, O'Hearn's double went off JRod's glove and there was nary a peep from the Moose.  He must be a no-show tonight.   Maybe he's out setting off fireworks a night early like the folks in my neighborhood.

I’m surprised the backwoods rednecks that live around me aren’t doing exactly that.

Hell, I’m surprised I’M not doing that.

3 minutes ago, 86this said:

Where would Ryan O'Hearn's career be if he weren't on the O's?

Great question, but who knows?  I recall O’Hearn giving a lot of credit to the O’s staff with suggesting some minor swing tweaks that lead to significant improvements.  But he’s the one who is executing.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Trimble I'm very interested in, he just needs to stay healthy. Been a tough couple of years.  Young...needs to get the bat on the ball more. I don't know if the stats back this up, but he seems to have the most swings/misses on the team.
    • Yes, and for the Tigers to trade Skubal I'll maintain that position. They have a top 5 farm system as it is, they are free from the bad contracts they had and they have spent plenty in the past. They are hovering around .500, they are not rebuilding.
    • The A's intend to leave Oakland after this season, intending eventually to wind up in Las Vegas.  But since Vegas's stadium will not be ready next year, I understand the A's will play their home games in Sacramento. Sacramento will thus become the fourth home of the A's franchise, following Philadelphia, Kansas City, and Oakland. Interesting to note that Sacramento is currently home to an NBA franchise, the Kings - and it is also the fourth home of that NBA team, following Rochester, Cincinnati, and Kansas City/Omaha (assuming KC/O can be counted as one "home," which I hope is only a slight stretch). Can anyone think of any other city which has played home to the fourth incarnation of two different franchises?
    • I acknowledged that it might cost Mayo. You said Mayo and Kjerstad plus more prospects. I asked you if you were willing to name any team that could/would offer such a package? Why is trading Skubal “a fireable offense”? The Tigers haven’t been to the playoffs with him and are not going anywhere this year. When you examine their offense and position players that they currently have, it is hard to envision how they make drastic improvements next year or the year after (Skubal’s contract duration).
    • I wouldn't trade Kjerstad straight up for Skubal...or almost anyone. I believe this player is going to be special. Norby? Stowers? McDermott(who is beginning to impress me) sure...but not Kjerstad or Mayo. Or Basalo for that. matter...we have a lot of options and pieces..we dont LITERALLY have to give  up the farm(or players who excelled in the farm).
    • Skubal is their Bedard and they would be foolish not to move him if they could get a package like the Orioles got. However, I think teams value their top end prospects more than they used to.  On SD seems to be willing to move really high end guys. And the Soto trade is a borderline disaster for them. 
    • You are not getting the best pitcher in the AL with 2.5 years of control for Kjerstad. You just aren't. Plenty of teams could beat that deal, I doubt any of them would because the Tigers are not trading Skubal unless a GM makes a fireable offense and does a crazy overpay.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now