7/3 vs Mariners

allquixotic

9 minutes ago, slakattack said:

I've always thought the trident logo was pretty cool.

The old Mariners hats from the late 90s with the angled M in the form of the trident, are the best baseball hats ever made period.

I also am very fond of the pirates hats from the Chuck Tanner era, but those trident hats are the best

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

The old Mariners hats from the late 90s with the angled M in the form of the trident, are the best baseball hats ever made period.

I also am very fond of the pirates hats from the Chuck Tanner era, but those trident hats are the best

i've always liked this logo a lot even though the team gave us some bad memories in '82...

Brewers logos through time: Barrelman, ball-in-glove ...

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hopefully, we get to see Mayo at 3B and Westburg at 2B, and Mateo spot starting again.
    • I like batting Mountcastle 6th. The other 5 are better hitters and IMO you want them getting more times up to bat than him.
    • They cannot acquire the same level of promising offensive talent (that they will need) by trading Flaherty as they can with trading Skubal.
    • I recognize that we would be surrendering value (especially in Kjerstad who seems like a natural replacement for Santander at season's end). And I also recognize that some persons/posters will be unhappy if we have to trade any prospects of value (especially a bat who could be as good as Kjerstad). However, what we are exchanging it for is Tarik Skubal who is one of the very best starting pitchers in the sport. Having a threesome of Burnes, Rodriguez, and Skubal puts us in a position to be prohibitive favorites this season AND it protects us in case we lose Burnes in the offseason. While I am sure all O's fans (save for one) appreciate what Burnes has given us this season. He has been the best starter that we have had in decades and may even win the Cy Young. That is not something that should not be discounted when considering what his loss will mean to next year's team. Especially given the injury to Bradish. Burnes post every 5th day and gives you consistent length and quality. That is not easy to find or replace! It may not be the wisest thing to retain him (after the season) at his age and at the projected cost. But it won't be a matter of signing a lesser or older pitcher (like Scherzer) to take his place.  Now back to Skubal, it must be acknowledged that it is a risk to acquire ANY starting pitcher, given the frequency of injuries in the sport currently. But one must also ask, how many opportunities like this are we going to get going forward? We will most probably NEVER have a starting rotation with pitchers who are as good as Burnes AND Skubal AND Grayson TOGETHER! IMO it has to be something that you seriously consider and don't outright dismiss. Gunnar is healthy and having an amazing season THIS YEAR. Santander is having a career year THIS YEAR. Adley is healthy and putting up his best numbers THIS YEAR. Westburg is healthy and will probably be an all-star THIS YEAR. Those things may not be true next year or in an undetermined future season. As I have been reminded regularly the Braves and Dodgers (with all of their talent) have only one the big prize once (so far). This may be our year and Skubal may be the piece to put us over the top?  Lastly, I think we have so much talent right now that even if we have to lose a promising bat like Heston Kjerstad, it will in no way mortgage or jeopardize our chances this season or next (and maybe going into the unknown projectable future). We have the #1 offense in the game as things stand now.
    • The Brewers were also in a completely different position than the Tigers and have been really competitive every year. The Tigers just don’t look like they’re very close to putting it all together. 
    • Yeah Burnes was a very obvious trade candidate for a lot of reasons but since Milwaukee still wanted to compete this year they kept their intentions quiet. Advertising the trade chip might have scared away a vet like Hoskins. Skubal is an unlikely trade candidate but if Detroit can’t get a return for Flaherty because of his recent back injury, they might see Skubal as the only way to substantially fill their roster holes. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now