Perfect time to make a roster move or two

eddie83

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

No. They could keep him up longer than that though. Maybe thru end of month. 

I doubt it happens. 

I just doubt they bring him up now. Let him play the next 2 games and get the at bats in AAA.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, depends on whether you want extra rest for the other 4 guys.

The 5th game after the break is at MIA. Technically if they wanted guys to go every 5 days could wait until 27th vs SD to use a #5. That said we are talking about him missing only one start. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I just doubt they bring him up now. Let him play the next 2 games and get the at bats in AAA.

I agree. Just saying if they wanted to get his feet wet. It does cause a 40 man move obviously. AAA has 4 day break also coming up. 

22 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

We have to be getting pretty damn close to the bottom of the barrel with BP guys. Baker, Burch Smith, Vinny Nattoli. I guess at least Smith looked decent in his first appearance last night 

They’ve been pretty good at getting effective bullpen pieces off the scrap pile

30 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I can honestly say that’s the first time I’ve ever heard the name Vinny Nattoli. I have to assume he’s a real player since that’s a Roch tweet but it’s odd because I typically at least have heard of these dudes before they get to the ML team. 

Vinny Nattoli sounds like the guy who owns a pizza shop here in West Springfield MA.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The 5th game after the break is at MIA. Technically if they wanted guys to go every 5 days could wait until 27th vs SD to use a #5. That said we are talking about him missing only one start. 

The 5th game after the break is on 7/24, so can't we just bring up Povich then? He would have been down for 11 days at that point (starting today). So, we wouldn't necessarily have to have Irvin make a start against Miami. 

3 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

I can honestly say that’s the first time I’ve ever heard the name Vinny Nattoli. I have to assume he’s a real player since that’s a Roch tweet but it’s odd because I typically at least have heard of these dudes before they get to the ML team. 

They picked him up last week. He actually has a pretty solid resume. I'm interested to see him.

48 minutes ago, gamiliel said:

This guy could be the next Felix B.....

This is his 9th team. The Mariners, Jays, Diamondbacks, Yankees, Phillies, Cubs, Mets and A's couldn't get anything useful out of him. Maybe the 9th time is the charm.

Edited by Malike

3 hours ago, Surhoffan17 said:

The 5th game after the break is on 7/24, so can't we just bring up Povich then? He would have been down for 11 days at that point (starting today). So, we wouldn't necessarily have to have Irvin make a start against Miami. 

Pitchers have to be down 15 days.