Saturday 7-13-24 Screw the Yankees Game Thread

FlaO'sFan

Gee, guys, can't you at least give us the satisfaction of failing with RISP? You won't see many worse swings than Cowser's last two.

Written many Error messages ago: Good pitching and real good defense when there's nobody on base.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Hitters counts and swing at pitchers pitches. Rinse. Repeat. 

Cowser did great job getting himself into hitters count and throws it away.  

He is who he is until he proves otherwise.

When things are like this, who gets the blame? I think it is a reluctance to give guys some rest, to continue to play weak players and lineups, and an unwillingness to deal with the lack of depth aside from adding guys who are no benefit.

Meh. Or maybe not…

I dunno. 

during one of the discussions a few weeks back, I had a set to with a fellow when I stood by my contention that if we do nothing significant, we won’t win the division and we will slide. I think that is still true. 
He Harumphed at me but I stand by it. If we don’t do anything significant, we won’t win the division. And Mike’s interview comments are setting us up for that.
I would love to be wrong, but I think this is an entirely reasonable way of explaining how things are playing out right now

Edited by HowAboutThat

Not even upset we gave up 4 runs in the first. What’s upsetting is we don’t even try to pitch to Judge. He still gets out 6-10 times at the plate. This is our number 2 starter and we pitch around him.