We have a year and a half of mediocre pitching ahead of us....until that changes we are going no where. Come at me Bro.....

First let me say I think Elias is a very very good judge of hitting talent.  Of all the things he does?  He can recognize a good hitter when he sees one.  He is great at it. 

That being said...IMO he would make a much better head of scouting or director of player personal rather than a GM. 

I think he is risk adverse when it comes to trading and his theory of drafting hitters and signing or trading for pitchers is imo flawed. 

IMO as a result?  The Os are going through what is expected now when all  you have is 1, maybe 2 good starters, an average one, and a bullpen that other than 2 guys for lack of a better word....sucks.

The hitters can only do so much before they start to press because they know that they need to score 7 runs a game to win.  And when athletes start to press?  More often than not they start to perform badly.  As we are seeing now.    They are frustrated knowing they need to be elite every night.   And as a result they are burned out. 

The real issue is this.  We are not just screwed this year.  But we may be worse next year.  We just lost Means and Bradish for this year, and the chances of  us signing Burnes for next year are next to zero.  So who do we have as solid starters next year?  GR?  Who while talented?  Is not elite.  And then....Kremer?  And then????   I mean what is that? 

More and more I am not liking the make up of this team and imo they 1000000% NEED TO TRADE  for a Miller and a starter like a Crochet.   We have enough infielders who overlap.   Even OF's.   Trade some of this surplus and try to win a WS the next 3 years....because what we have now?   And yes that means trading Holliday and others because otherwise?

Just spinning our wheels.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Come back off suspension with come at me bro in the title of your first post back.

bold.jpg

cf612778-842c-4f87-a95a-9f8761984194_tex

I was  on suspension until last Weds.  3 days.   I have just chosen not to post the past 4 days. 

And I might add that my suspension?  While I respect the mods here for the job they do?  I thought it was ridiculous considering the topic I posted about.

But it is what it is and I will leave it at that. 

56 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

First let me say I think Elias is a very very good judge of hitting talent.  Of all the things he does?  He can recognize a good hitter when he sees one.  He is great at it. 

That being said...IMO he would make a much better head of scouting or director of player personal rather than a GM. 

I think he is risk adverse when it comes to trading and his theory of drafting hitters and signing or trading for pitchers is imo flawed. 

IMO as a result?  The Os are going through what is expected now when all  you have is 1, maybe 2 good starters, an average one, and a bullpen that other than 2 guys for lack of a better word....sucks.

The hitters can only do so much before they start to press because they know that they need to score 7 runs a game to win.  And when athletes start to press?  More often than not they start to perform badly.  As we are seeing now.    They are frustrated knowing they need to be elite every night.   And as a result they are burned out. 

The real issue is this.  We are not just screwed this year.  But we may be worse next year.  We just lost Means and Bradish for this year, and the chances of  us signing Burnes for next year are next to zero.  So who do we have as solid starters next year?  GR?  Who while talented?  Is not elite.  And then....Kremer?  And then????   I mean what is that? 

More and more I am not liking the make up of this team and imo they 1000000% NEED TO TRADE  for a Miller and a starter like a Crochet.   We have enough infielders who overlap.   Even OF's.   Trade some of this surplus and try to win a WS the next 3 years....because what we have now?   And yes that means trading Holliday and others because otherwise?

Just spinning our wheels.

We’ve scored 4 runs since the start of last Mondays game but the pitching is the problem. Gotcha!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how much the pitching matters if the offense is going to be this bad, tied for 3rd lowest in the majors for walks for the season and when the team isn't hitting home runs on pitches out of the zone, the offense seems to fall apart. Don't think that is gonna do them any good in October even if they fix the pitching.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Not sure how much the pitching matters if the offense is going to be this bad, tied for 3rd lowest in the majors for walks for the season and when the team isn't hitting home runs on pitches out of the zone, the offense seems to fall apart. Don't think that is gonna do them any good in October even if they fix the pitching.

The point of my post is ever since the pitching went downhill, starting with the Means injury and especially after Bradish's injury,  the hitters have started to press more.

You can see that because they are swinging at bad pitches, not working counts, and just overall slumping.   Gunnar imo is a big example of this.

Which is what happens when they think they need to score 7 runs a game. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Did you read my post?  Based on your post I am going to say no. 

Yes …just don’t agree! We have had plenty of good pitching. 4 TJ surgeries can hinder just about any team. Our bullpen has been a strength before the Bautista injury. He’s picked up guys like Webb, Cionel, Bautista, Cano, and they’ve been mostly effective. 

8 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

This is a sub .500 team next year without some major changes.

I won't say that, simply because they have a ton of good young position players.

But no way in hell are they winning anything with GR as the #1 and a bunch of scrub pitchers.

Bottom line is as much as people don't want to hear it, you have to start trading some prospects for pitching.

Starting with JH.  He is not even really needed on this team position wise.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes …just don’t agree! We have had plenty of good pitching. 4 TJ surgeries can hinder just about any team. Our bullpen has been a strength before the Bautista injury. He’s picked up guys like Webb, Cionel, Bautista, Cano, and they’ve been mostly effective. 

But we don't have plenty of pitching.  I mean I am confused by what you mean there.   The injuries as you said have killed us.

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We’ve scored 4 runs since the start of last Mondays game but the pitching is the problem. Gotcha!

I appreciate your comment, but not scoring is only half of our problem. We’re also giving out runs like they’re  Halloween candy.

Many’s the time when we’d have bad offense, and the pitching would cover for us, or vice versa, but now they are both poor.