2025 Schedule released

Sports Guy

26 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Interesting how they list the Athletics on the schedule.  Are they just gonna be referred to just as Athletics, or will it stay Oakland, be Sacramento, or start using Las Vegas.  

I know they trademarked "Sacramento Athletics" but aren't going to use it at all in 2025, and instead will just be the Athletics and only have the A's and Athletics on all of their jerseys and branding. 

27 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Interesting how they list the Athletics on the schedule.  Are they just gonna be referred to just as Athletics, or will it stay Oakland, be Sacramento, or start using Las Vegas.  

I believe they will simply be referred to as the Athletics.

1 minute ago, Nite said:

I know they trademarked "Sacramento Athletics" but aren't going to use it at all in 2025, and instead will just be the Athletics and only have the A's and Athletics on all of their jerseys and branding. 

Just trademarked it so no one else could.

28 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The California Baseball Team

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Ending the season in New York after having to end the second to last season in New York this year seems a bit unfair for the Yankees

Fixed that for you 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I’ve never understood why they release the schedule in the middle of the ongoing season. Why not do this in Nov or Dec to give the talking heads on their network something else to talk about?  Make it a whole thing like the NFL does, or at least try to. 

A lot of it relates to logistics of reserving stadiums to avoid conflict with the NFL and other usages of each venue.

imagine having the Orioles play each Ravens home game ? I would like to see it every October!

Edited by Since1984

Also, I guess there's no set rotation by which they assign that 7th game and a four-game series to the Central and West opponents. 

I thought it seemed strange to be playing Cleveland and Houston in a 4-game series yet again, and in fact it'll be the third straight year we played 7 games against Cleveland, and the third time in four years we played 7 games against Houston. In that same four year span we will have never played 7 games against Seattle, and only played the 7th game once against a few other Central/West teams. 

Don't really care about this one way or another but I would have assumed it'd rotate around. 

17 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I guess they are going back to 3x3 for all the regional rival pairs, rather than 2x2. Which is good because the current model has been resulting in weird back-to-back off days, and the Brewers/Twins All Star Break extending through Friday this year. 

So Milwaukee and Minnesota have an off day today on Friday? Just a two game Sat and Sun series is weird. Yes, I think 3 x 3 for the regional rivals makes more sense. 

16 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

Not too many away game stadiums that would personally peak my interest for a vacation / baseball trip.

Interesting possibilities would be the A's and Giants series in Sacramento and San Fran (would be cool to check out those stadiums, and I've never been further west than St. Louis).  Or the Seattle series, would be awesome to see the Pacific Northwest.

There's also the Cubs series, I have family in the region and have never been to Wrigley.  I'll have to ponder all of this.

Arizona would be interesting but not a great time for me being that early in a month. Makes it tough for work purposes. Tampa is fun and we have a four game series there in June...would make a great week vacation in St. Pete!

• Upvote 1