How many past and present O's players do you think read this forum?

I am sure there are players that read here.  Has to be.   I doubt anyone posts under an alias though.  Come to think of it I don't think I have ever heard of any active player posting anywhere in any sport. 

I wonder if there are certain league rules that prohibit it. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am sure there are players that read here.  Has to be.   I doubt anyone posts under an alias though.  Come to think of it I don't think I have ever heard of any active player posting anywhere in any sport. 

Lots of players have active social media presence.  I think most would rather have a tighter control over the messaging than you could get here.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

What is funny though is they do tweet.  Lots of them do.  Instagram too.  So you know they are on social media.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lots of players have active social media presence.  I think most would rather have a tighter control over the messaging than you could get here.

Yeah I just posted that.  Twitter and instagram they are all over the place. But those aren't just for sports or the local team.  Those are more for just general life postings.   Just never really see it on specific team fan websites. 

I'm sure players are advised to stay away from message boards and limit - be careful with - social media. If not, they should be. They have enough on their plates to deal with without reading some of the stuff that's on here and other sites. Is this site monitored by the Orioles or others like Roch for their own purposes? Probably. Players - I seriously doubt and would question their intelect if they did. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I remember George Sherrill’s brother used to post when he was here. Seemed like a pretty chill guy. There’s also been some family members of players that posted. Iirc maybe Hobgood’s Mom? Man, my memory is fuzzy. I vaguely remember a very abrasive mother who posted here anytime someone would question anything about their son haha. Maybe someone has better recollection. 

I think it was Parker bridwell’s mom. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I'm sure players are advised to stay away from message boards and limit - be careful with - social media. If not, they should be. They have enough on their plates to deal with without reading some of the stuff that's on here and other sites. Is this site monitored by the Orioles or others like Roch for their own purposes? Probably. Players - I seriously doubt and would question their intelect if they did. 

If I was a player I would just find it too hard to resist haha. I would love to know what people are saying about me.  Then again I am somewhat of a narcissist.  So....... 😅.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

I can't say for MLB players.  But I know for a fact that college football and basketball players do check their teams message boards as do some NFL players for their teams.   I'd assume some MLB players do too.

Now few, if any,  post themselves or make accounts per se, but to come in a a guest and read?  Sure,  many do. 

Edited by forphase1

7 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I can't say for MLB players.  But I know for a fact that college football and basketball players do check their teams message boards as do some NFL players for their teams.   I'd assume some MLB players do too.

Now few, if any,  post themselves or make accounts per se, but to come in a a guest and read?  Sure,  many do. 

That is what I figure as well.  Which is why I think getting someone to pose that question to the players would be awesome.   And for those that do read it?  What do they think about it?   Would be really interesting to hear. 

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Interesting.  I just think of all the downtime the players have where they can surf the net and as a player I would be really curious to see what people write about me.

If you were a baseball player, would you really spend what little precious free time you have during the season on a message board? I don't think so.