If Mullins Had Tied the Game...

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

...and Urias was unavailable, what would the defensive alignment been for the bottom of the ninth? 

Adley catcher, O’Hearn to 1st, Westburg to 2nd, Henderson to SS, Mountcastle to 3rd, Cowser, Mullins, Santander in outfield forfeit DH.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Adley catcher, O’Hearn to 1st, Westburg to 2nd, Henderson to SS, Mountcastle to 3rd, Cowser, Mullins, Santander in outfield forfeit DH.  

I was most interested in 3B. Has Mountcastle played there in the majors? I know he did in the minors.

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I was most interested in 3B. Has Mountcastle played there in the majors? I know he did in the minors.

I don’t believe but he would be best option.  They could have moved him back and fourth from 2nd to 3rd depending if it righty or lefty hitting as well to try and limit him from getting chances.  

I am guessing Urias could have come in and played, which means he is still on the team. 

If not you would have to do Rutchman C (Mullins out of the game, pitcher at DH)... Then who knows, maybe Santander at 2B? Or put Cionel Perez there (he seems like an athletic guy)? 

I have to think Urias was available in a pinch. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I am guessing Urias could have come in and played, which means he is still on the team. 

If not you would have to do Rutchman C (Mullins out of the game, pitcher at DH)... Then who knows, maybe Santander at 2B? Or put Cionel Perez there (he seems like an athletic guy)? 

I have to think Urias was available in a pinch. 

He was scratched due to neck problems 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Or, you’re waiting two minutes for the LH turn signal, the arrow goes green, and the first car is daydreaming or texting, cases a 3-5 second delay and you don’t make it through.
    • They had 1 delay of game last night and used a timeout to avoid another, the illegal procedure penalties are hard to judge. The Chiefs tackles were lining up the same way and not getting called for it. Stanley said the rule wasn't enforced the way the officials that were out at camp with them explained it, I doubt we see that much going forward. The holding call against Linderbaum that negated a big run by Lamar was an absolute joke. The penalties that I have the biggest problem with are the bonehead plays like Van Noy hitting Mahomes in the head and Marcus Williams taking a shot at Mahomes knees when he's going out of bounds. Those were huge plays too.
    • I share your concern, and mentioned the IP/pitch count thing in an earlier post in this thread.  I do note that the Rays are being as cautious with Baumeister as the Orioles were.  He has yet to throw 70 pitches for Bowling Green.
    • Perhaps, but you have to make adjustments if you are getting called. Doing the same thing over and over and crying about later is not the way to go about business successfully.  
    • I don't know the route call, but I'm not sure why Flowers would need to sit on that route. He had no one covering him. If Lamar throws it do him it's an easy TD.  Regardless, its just another time that Lamar has come up small when the game is on the line in prime time.  
    • Yea, I wonder why it happened. In theory, the TOs were called because you had the wrong personnel out there. Maybe that was Orr’s fault. Maybe it was a players fault. Either way, it’s the same damn thing every big game. Remember Queen last year after blowing the Indy game..and he said this happens way too often. Last night showed me that the Ravens will win a lot of games and then come up short again in the playoffs. Typical Harbaugh/Lamar season.
    • Nothing about this team matters until January.  Even if we won last night, that would still be the case.  Until proven otherwise, Harbaugh/Jackson is Coryell/Fouts but with a running QB. Does Harbaugh do anything during a game other than look pained and complain to officials?  Other than mismanage the clock and make questionable 4th down/2 point decisions, that is.  If the Denver safety is playing where he's supposed to and there is no "Mile High Miracle", Harbaugh is Jeff Fisher.  That's not hyperbole, either - look at their records before things went bad for Fisher in LA at the end.  Frighteningly similar.
  • Popular Contributors