AL playoff picture

eddie83

The players association probably wouldn’t allow it but I would pay the Norfolk and Bowie guys another two weeks of salary let them play each other, then if we win the division the major league team could play a game or two vs the Tides to try and stay sharper.  

5 hours ago, xmichaelx said:

I would rather us not win the division. I think this team, especially our offense will struggle in the ALDS with a week off. 

Thank goodness the offense is not struggling now.  I would hate to see what struggling looks like if this is not stuggling.

7 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

The players association probably wouldn’t allow it but I would pay the Norfolk and Bowie guys another two weeks of salary let them play each other, then if we win the division the major league team could play a game or two vs the Tides to try and stay sharper.  

Cool idea in theory, but imagine the gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair if an Oriole got injured in the tuneup(s). 

AL's first to 80 wins.

Royals still winless since they couldn't hold that lead to complete the sweep in Cleveland last Wednesday.    Today Cleveland took the first game in Kansas City's ballpark as Royals have the two key AL Central rivals in their city this week.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We really need to get this sweep then take 2/3 vs NYY when we play them. It’s probably that simple. 

Yeah but not only the NYY , we have do the same thing with other teams as well. We need to get on a roll like the Rangers done last year.  

How is this Rangers team the same one that bludgeoned us (and everyone else) with bat after bat after bat in the playoffs last year?

Marcus Semien: .687 OPS

Adolis Garcia: .674 OPS

Nathaniel Lowe: .720 OPS

Leody Taveras: .628 OPS

Jonah Heim: .616 OPS

Josh Jung: .741 OPS

Evan Carter: .633 OPS

Robbie Grossman: .657 OPS

Corey Seager: .864 OPS

Add in Mitch Garver (.608 OPS with SEA), and that’s the entire lineup who beat everybody’s brains in last year. 

And they just flat-out suck this year. Every single guy is worse this year, and all but Lowe and Jung are down by over 100 OPS points from last season. It’s really crazy.

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Nice to see Bruce Bochy following up Monday's "let me test Jack Leiter third time through the order" with a Tuesday day off for Corey Seager.

And it’s a full day off, as he wouldn’t even use Seager to pinch hit for the DH with 2 outs and men on 2nd and 3rd, down 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th.

Instead opted to go with Jonah Heim, who struck out on 4 pitches.

Thanks, Bruce!

Just drilling down on our schedule vs the Yankees’ the rest of the way.  Series by series, BAL then NYY:

TBR 3, at CHC 3

at BOS 3, KCR 3

at DET 3, BOS 4

SFG 3, at SEA 3

DET 3, at OAK 3

at NYY 3, BAL 3

at MIN 3, PIT 3

It’s interesting that whenever the O’s are at home, the Yankees are on the road and vice versa.  The Yankees have the marginally easier schedule and 3 fewer road games.  Looks to me like the Yankees are likely to miss Paul Skenes when they play the final series of the season. 

The Royals have completed 14 games in 14 days all against CLE-MIN-HOU like this, a testament to the rollercoaster of baseball:

WWW-LLLLLLL-WWWW

Bobby Witt heads to the Bronx for the next 3 games with his best chance to make some noise and shake up the AL MVP contest.

Cubs avoid the sweep to keep the AL East at 0.5 games.