AL playoff picture

eddie83

On 9/3/2024 at 9:16 PM, e16bball said:

How is this Rangers team the same one that bludgeoned us (and everyone else) with bat after bat after bat in the playoffs last year?

Marcus Semien: .687 OPS

Adolis Garcia: .674 OPS

Nathaniel Lowe: .720 OPS

Leody Taveras: .628 OPS

Jonah Heim: .616 OPS

Josh Jung: .741 OPS

Evan Carter: .633 OPS

Robbie Grossman: .657 OPS

Corey Seager: .864 OPS

Add in Mitch Garver (.608 OPS with SEA), and that’s the entire lineup who beat everybody’s brains in last year. 

And they just flat-out suck this year. Every single guy is worse this year, and all but Lowe and Jung are down by over 100 OPS points from last season. It’s really crazy.

They all got off the "clear"? Just asking questions.

9 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Is it possible to lose a three game series in just one game?

I wonder if the O’s will find a way…

If they need up playing KC it will feel like it. The bats obviously won’t hit, Witt will kill us and the whole team will run circles on our pitchers and Adley on the base paths 

On 9/3/2024 at 9:47 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Boston only 10 games behind the O's and closing fast.  Down 7-2 to the Mets in 9th.  Naysayers were right. 

Boston is now 3-7 in the last 10. Detroit and Seattle now tied for 1st team out, 9 games behind the O's. I'm not saying it is not possible but they would have to play nearly .750 and the O's would have to play nearly .250 ball the rest of the way to totally missing the playoffs. 

On 9/3/2024 at 8:45 AM, Allan Bryant said:

Yeah but not only the NYY , we have do the same thing with other teams as well. We need to get on a roll like the Rangers done last year.  

The Rangers lost 3 of 4 to the Mariners at the end of the season to lose the division. We still got time. 🫡

Edited by MCO'sFan

17 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Boston is now 3-7 in the last 10. Detroit and Seattle now tied for 1st team out, 9 games behind the O's. I'm not saying it is not possible but they would have to play nearly .750 and the O's would have to play nearly .250 ball the rest of the way to totally missing the playoffs. 

Lol, I should have put it in green font.  Our chicken littles have said all 2nd half the Red Sox are going to catch the O's and they keep falling farther and farther behind.   It seems the more successful the team is, the more negative fans the O's have.  As far as offense, I looked at one losing streak in I believe 2019 and the O's scored less than 20 runs in 10 games,  They were really consistent, never scoring more than 4 runs, so there is that.

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2024 at 10:16 PM, e16bball said:

How is this Rangers team the same one that bludgeoned us (and everyone else) with bat after bat after bat in the playoffs last year?

It kind of burns me that the Rangers sandwiched a World Series win between two seasons when they were not even close to contention (and possibly below .500 in both).   Even the year they won, they weren't that good.   They just got on a heater when it mattered most.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It kind of burns me that the Rangers sandwiched a World Series win between two seasons when they were not even close to contention (and possibly below .500 in both).   Even the year they won, they weren't that good.   They just got on a heater when it mattered most.   

2013 Red Sox say hi.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

And you would have felt the same if the O's had won a WS between two non-playoff years?

22 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Is it possible to lose a three game series in just one game?

I wonder if the O’s will find a way…

We have lost multiple series on this board before we even played one game.  We lost vs the Mets and half the people already through up white flag for sweep vs Astros.  

7 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

We have lost multiple series on this board before we even played one game.  We lost vs the Mets and half the people already through up white flag for sweep vs Astros.  

We did avoid the sweep but it was on the heels of several Astros miscues and one swing from Santander and Holliday after being down late in both. Could’ve very easily been a sweep.