Seattle is looking for a first baseman

Mariners put Ty France on waivers today.  There is speculation that they might try to get Vlad Jr. but it is not clear that the Blue Jays are willing to make a move like that.  

Elias needs to see what they would offer for Mountcastle.  

I would try to see if Seattle would consider a trade of Mountcastle + Norby + prospect for Woo.  This will give Seattle 2 hitters that are improvements on what they have now.  The prospect will probably be good one, top 10 for sure.  This is taking a chance that Mayo is ready to step into the ML lineup now.  Elias has the best feel for that, but only actual ML experience will show if Mayo is ready.

11 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This trading away guys that are helping a playoff team.  How often does that happen?

How often does a playoff team have the best farm system in baseball and multiple top prospects blocked to the degree the Orioles do?

I'll answer that - it's never happened to this extent in MLB history.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ChicagoTerp said:

I get the feeling our clubhouse has a nucleus, and guys like Mountcastle, Santander, Westburg, etc. are part of it, and therefore are not going anywhere during the season.

I would bet more on talent then team chemistry in the sport of baseball.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

So you think at least one of them will get traded? Or you think they should? Because I didn't say anything about should/shouldn't.

44 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Ok, do you think the Mariners or another team are stupid and plan on giving you someone far more talented for one of our guys?

We could make Seattle a fair trade for pitching and revamp their lineup in a second. Kirby I would add a big 3 if needed for 4 years of Kirby. I know people will say they will never trade Kirby. Check the box score for tonight’s Mariners game. 

6 hours ago, Gurgi said:

This trading away guys that are helping a playoff team.  How often does that happen?

I think we see things happen that haven’t happened in the past due to the extra WC spot and so many teams involved in the playoff race.

Whether or not that happens this year or not, I think these contender/contender deals are going to be more prevalent long term.

Mounty to Seattle and Mullins to Philly would be great.

That said, if the Os would trade Mounty, I would think it would be an NL team.

Edited by Sports Guy