O's July swoon

wildcard

50 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Point is if they are not hitting because they tired or beat up  they need more rest to get back to being good hitters again. 

Gunnar just did the homer run derby.   That takes a toll.

Adley is a catcher in 90+ degree  heat.  That can make him tired.

Westy may be playing more games in a month than he normally does.

If the O's don't get then rest they may just continue to not hit.

If our guys are so frail that a little heat and playing a few extra games are making them wilt, then we've got much bigger problems.  I guess other teams hitting well right now have better air conditioning and softer mattresses or something.   

The starting pitching outside of Burnes, somewhat GR, and very very somewhat Kremer blows.

Middle to late relief is horrible.  Our closer cannot be trusted to close a one run game.

On top of that our hitting has gone to complete junk.   Stop playing the players that have done nothing for 2 years now.  I am talking people like Hays.  Mullins.  Urias.  Mateo.  JUST STOP PLAYING THEM.

Doing the same things over and over, with the same bad results?  I don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

The starting pitching outside of Burnes, somewhat GR, and very very somewhat Kremer blows.

Middle to late relief is horrible.  Our closer cannot be trusted to close a one run game.

On top of that our hitting has gone to complete junk.   Stop playing the players that have done nothing for 2 years now.  I am talking people like Hays.  Mullins.  Urias.  Mateo.  JUST STOP PLAYING THEM.

Doing the same things over and over, with the same bad results?  I don't get it. 

BTW Trevor Bauer has been dominating in the Mexican league.  But nope.  We would rather have......Burch and Vinny. 

Time to start understanding that our management may not be all that interested in winning multiple WS...or even one WS..... but rather would keep the payroll low and have the best farm system in the history of the Universe.   Which again keeps the payroll low.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Downvote 2

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

BTW Trevor Bauer has been dominating in the Mexican league.  But nope.  We would rather have......Burch and Vinny. 

Time to start understanding that our management may not be all that interested in winning multiple WS...or even one WS..... but rather would keep the payroll low and have the best farm system in the history of the Universe.   Which again keeps the payroll low.

Isn’t Robinson Cano hitting like 475 in that Mexican league. Sign him too. I’m sure their stats will transfer.

This team isn’t worth sacrificing the top 4 prospects for. Not sure how they’ll get pitching for the future, but not worth trying to salvage this season.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Point is if they are not hitting because they tired or beat up  they need more rest to get back to being good hitters again. 

Gunnar just did the homer run derby.   That takes a toll.

Adley is a catcher in 90+ degree  heat.  That can make him tired.

Westy may be playing more games in a month than he normally does.

If the O's don't get then rest they may just continue to not hit.

Witt did the homer run derby and ASG and went 13/16 coming into the second half. 

Adley gets more days off catching than most I would imagine with how much we play McCann.

What you are saying has no evidence what so ever. 

• Upvote 3

I hope we get enough relievers at the deadline that we can finally get rid of Cionel Perez.  His ERA this month is over 6 and his ERA for the season is over 4.   He doesn't shut down lefties and you can't count on him to throw strikes.  I never feel good about seeing him come into a close game.  

Wow I just am bummed now.  Worried we won't get help at the trade deadline and worried we might give away too much.  I am not good at stress. 

As the Orioles are "Free Fallin"

Just now, Gurgi said:

Wow I just am bummed now.  Worried we won't get help at the trade deadline and worried we might give away too much.  I am not good at stress. 

As the Orioles are "Free Fallin"

Take it Easy, Lighten up while you still can!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, baltimoriole said:

Isn’t Robinson Cano hitting like 475 in that Mexican league. Sign him too. I’m sure their stats will transfer.

This team isn’t worth sacrificing the top 4 prospects for. Not sure how they’ll get pitching for the future, but not worth trying to salvage this season.

TB is 33 years old.  Last I checked?  That is younger than most of our bullpen.