July 25th @Miami

nevadaO

On another note, if the owner of the site is unwilling or unable to switch to a better server farm, this will no longer be a place to visit during games. I say this with full knowledge that 1) I am not a paying customer, so who cares really. 2) it's difficult and costly to run these things. But these are just the facts.

18 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Hyde's managing of this game reminded me of Perlozzo's decision making on Mothers Day 2007. 

Right....agreed on that. But to say he should be fired if we do make the playoffs is where I am confused. 

12 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Right....agreed on that. But to say he should be fired if we do make the playoffs is where I am confused. 

I read it as, make the playoffs, don’t make the playoffs… Hyde ain’t the guy.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully they're just getting their bad streak out of the way. I'd rather them play like this now and figure it out (and maybe even get more help) than to have this hit come October.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

Please logic has nothing to do with these posts in the game thread.  As ugly as it was they went 3-3 on a road trip coming out of the All-Star game.  Not great but also not a disaster.  They need to make some moves and I am sure they will.  

3-3 against a mediocrity and a calamity.  And looked very bad doing it.

403 strikes again. 15x

• Upvote 1

Your #1 goes into the 8th inning and you still have to use 4 relievers.

Someone tell me again that RP is a low priority because “you have to get a lead to save it” or whatever was posted repeatedly in that Trade Deadline thread.

I humbly disagree and can’t wait to get a reliable late-inning reliever, and soon.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, IllinoisOsFan said:

I read it as, make the playoffs, don’t make the playoffs… Hyde ain’t the guy.

I wrote a three paragraph response to that effect, but it was eaten by a 403 error. Thanks to IllinoisOsFan for putting it a lot more succinctly than I would have.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Complete and utter dumpster fire. Against the freaking Marlins

Thanks to a leftover 403 error this got posted and was probably from the 9th inning. Obviously the result ended up being good but it was indeed a dumpster fire to get there