Orioles acquiring Zach Eflin

LookitsPuck

59 minutes ago, OrioleintheATL said:

These trades were a 3/4 and a 6/7 on a scale of 1-10.   There is another 6/7 coming and a 9/10.  Mark it down.

They mentioned on the radio that the Orioles would be interested in a return of Flaherty. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

And Kremer and Suarez and Irvin.

Irvin, sure, but it's not 2023 and his ERA+ is worse than Suarez who is pitching to his FIP now. If he's the best SP we get then people shouldn't be happy, and we get to pay him 18M dollars next year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Irvin, sure, but it's not 2023 and his ERA+ is worse than Suarez who is pitching to his FIP now. If he's the best SP we get then people shouldn't be happy, and we get to pay him 18M dollars next year.

Come on now you can't tell me you expect Suarez to keep up this outlier journeyman season. He's been bad lately and is certainly a reliever in reality. 

Kremer has as ERA approaching 5.

Eflin is better than these guys.

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Another move that improves the margarine. Solid #4 type SP. Better than 3/5ths of the guys that we had for sure.

But I hope that Elias has more up his sleeve (including at least one impact player).

I personally love this trade. Get rid of another veteran to make room for Mayo and lets shut it down.

Edited by 1fingerwillie

Just now, interloper said:

Come on now you can't tell me you expect Suarez to keep up this outlier journeyman season. He's been bad lately and is certainly a reliever in reality. 

Kremer has as ERA approaching 5.

Eflin is better than these guys.

Eflin has a career ERA+ of 98. Everyone remembers how good he was last year and just stops all thought. 

• Upvote 1