Padres just got Tanner Scott

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

For 4 of the top 6 prospects. Scott is having a breakout year, but he's a rental.Hes a FA after this year. I think Pads are going for it. Gave up a lot to strengthen their pen.

They go for it every year I have no idea how they have any prospects left. 

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

For 4 of the top 6 prospects. Scott is having a breakout year, but he's a rental.Hes a FA after this year. I think Pads are going for it. Gave up a lot to strengthen their pen.

O's fans thought Elias would go for it this year since they obtained Burnes. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Eh, did you miss Scott’s entire 2023 season?   That was the breakout.

The Marlins absolutely fleeced the Padres. If we gave up someone like Mayo for Tanner Scott people would be going nuts. The expected value for this trade has got to heavily favor them. Scott's peripherals show a candidate for some pretty heavy regression. 

Just now, Sammy Seagull said:

O's fans thought Elias would go for it this year since they obtained Burnes. 

Getting Burnes was the going for it move.   Bradish, Means, and Wells derailed that plan.   He’s not doubling down.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dystopia said:

They go for it every year I have no idea how they have any prospects left. 

Because they are great at drafting and developing. Something that we are supposed to be great at as well.

When you have true confidence in your ability to find and produce talent consistently, you are not afraid to lose some I guess?

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Getting Burnes was the going for it move.   Bradish, Means, and Wells derailed that plan.   He’s not doubling down.

This... pitching is expensive. Trying to buy it when everyone else you have no other options is likely even more expensive.

32 minutes ago, oriole said:

It makes the Rogers return a little more palatable. That’s a crazy deal. Marlins working magic today.

Not sure hat their going to do for offense next year but tons of Starting Pitching and still Have Nardi and others in the pen.

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Because they are great at drafting and developing. Something that we are supposed to be great at as well.

When you have true confidence in your ability to find and produce talent consistently, you are not afraid to lose some I guess?

When you have the money to just guy your way out of mistakes and to buy players that make whoever you develop tradable is the way to go. These big market teams constantly make bad decisions and then just pay to cover them up. Lets not give them too much credit for having deep pockets.

Just now, Safelykept said:

Not sure hat their going to do for offense next year but tons of Starting Pitching and still Have Nardi and others in the pen.

They suck and had more players to move on a full rebuild. Could you imagine if the Orioles made their entire team available at the deadline. We would have 30 of the top 60 prospects in baseball, lol.

4 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

This... pitching is expensive. Trying to buy it when everyone else you have no other options is likely even more expensive.

And the crazy thing is it really shouldn't be because of how many injuries they are. It's so risky trading position players for pitching. Another reason I hate the Rogers deal.