I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I wonder if there is a betting site where I can wager on where a player will bat in the order?  I know in Britain you can make a bet on just about anything, even the weather!

Rain is a prohibitive favorite in Britain.

12 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

He hit two balls hard on Saturday, one was driven deep to left and snared. The other was a single up the middle that was turned into an out by a great defensive play. Coby has not looked overmatched, and seems relaxed at the plate.It's just a matter of time. He'll bat 8th in Sunday.

Thanks for that info.  What about the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow?

I’d like to see him work on going the other way. When you look at JH you can see he’s driving the ball the other way. The previous Holliday was like Mayo trying to pull everything and hit it 400 ft. I always thought there would be an adjustment period for him because of his height. You do not see a lot of 6’5 guys in the league anymore. He’ll be fine.

I'm really bothered by Mayo's lack of plate coverage and that's exacerbated by the fact his left side opens way up on most swings.  Add his inability to lay off pitches outside the strike zone and away and he's a guy with lot to fix.

Most of the young Orioles have had success hitting the opposite way (Mountcastle, Westburg, Adley, Henderson, Cowser) and it's noticeable that Jimenez shows up hitting the ball to right field but Mayo looks like a guy who hasn't had that in the plan so far.

I'm still very positive on his chance to be a quality MLB player, but I think it's possible he may have to make another trip down before everything clicks.

4 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

I'm really bothered by Mayo's lack of plate coverage and that's exacerbated by the fact his left side opens way up on most swings.  Add his inability to lay off pitches outside the strike zone and away and he's a guy with lot to fix.

Most of the young Orioles have had success hitting the opposite way (Mountcastle, Westburg, Adley, Henderson, Cowser) and it's noticeable that Jimenez shows up hitting the ball to right field but Mayo looks like a guy who hasn't had that in the plan so far.

I'm still very positive on his chance to be a quality MLB player, but I think it's possible he may have to make another trip down before everything clicks.

It’s been 10 at bats and 3 games… he did not look great yesterday, but had not looked overmatched in either of the other two games. Wild to say anything he’s done would have you “really bothered.” There is no reason to start coming to conclusions on his swing, his defense, his game in general. Already talking about sending him down???

He stepped right into an intense, playoff like series on the road. Let him get adjusted and get a few games in Camden yards with the home crowd.

He should be the starting 3B for the month of August as he adjusts. The rest of the offense getting hot again will help with the overall success of the team (much like in April). If he’s struggling and has yet to get it going by the end of August then maybe he needs a quick few week reset, but as you even mentioned, there has been an adjustment period with all of our guys.

I don't know, I kind of like a little bit of this insight - if that is what it is, and not just Roy speculating.  Either way I'm good with it personally.

Not that anyone gives a damn about my opinion LOL.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If we are going to get a thread every time Mayo isn't the lineup I am now in favor of trading Mayo for whatever they can get.

I mean so far we've gotten one every time he is in the lineup too.  I think the mods have been merging them, which I personally greatly appreciate lol.