8/9 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

2 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Jimenez has been a good pick up.

a lot of good fortune on the ground balls.  Glad that he has come through so far, but if this continues, we’ll be hoping Kjerstad is healthy come September to take back DH.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Gray Rod is not back for the playoffs, I would go with Suarez #3 over Kremer.  Kremer has pitched like crap lately.

Doesn't sound like he will be back, and if he is he's maybe more likely to be used out of the bullpen.

In the legal jargon of these telecasts,  it says "any accounts or descriptions of this game may not be disseminated without expressed written onsent of the Baltimore Orioles".  

Did that mean I cannot legally tell someone what happened in this game without the Orioles' permission?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Like I said, I think he’s cromulent. The good points for him aren’t outstanding to me; meaning they’re average. He has a nice voice, but not a great one in the way Jon Miller or Joe Angel or Gary Thorne did. 

He’s adequate on calling the action but he’s not a particularly gifted storyteller the way Vin Scully was. The pop culture references are tiresome, the Blink-182 thing with Ben McDonald he’s been keeping alive for over a year now is old. 

Constantly finding parallels that are insignificant (and the FOURTH round draft pick of the 2019 draft strikes out the FIRST overall pick of the 2019 draft) are…exactly that, insignificant. 

If I had taken a shot every time he reminded the audience that Eflin is facing his former team tonight, I’d be blackout drunk.  

I find him to be entirely too cheerful when the game is late and close, he seems to not understand the gravity of certain situations.  Or just flat out joking around when the Orioles are down by a lot.

Fine (not a great) voice, seems like an overall good dude, knows the game, solid on the PBP, and that’s about all the good I stuff I can say.  

Yeah okay.   Mostly valid points.  I think the insignificant parallels is better than say, modest 3 game hitting streaks from Jim Hunter, and he is drastically better at pronunciation and doing mistake-free play by play than Thorne.  He's young enough that he could grow into someone like Jon Miller; I agree he's not there, but I doubt Jon Miller was there 3 or 4 years into his major league broadcasting career.

I think you're dinging him pretty hard because he's just not your cup of tea, which I understand.  But I don't think he's objectively an average pbp guy, not after listening to some of the homer butchers other teams employ.