8/9 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

Just now, Yossarian said:

In the legal jargon of these telecasts,  it says "any accounts or descriptions of this game may not be disseminated without expressed written onsent of the Baltimore Orioles".  

Did that mean I cannot legally tell someone what happened in this game without the Orioles' permission?

It means you can't reuse any of KB's bad references without permission.  You should be just fine.  Maybe even better for it.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Last O's starter to go 7?  Was it Burnes a couple of weeks ago.  Who was the last starter before Burnes to go 7.  I almost want to say Bradish, it's been that long.

I think Grayson did a couple tines tgus season. All I remember is that he's gone deep in games consistently.

3 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Because he sucks.

Oh wait, you must have meant Rogers sucks.  Sorry 😆.  Anyway, I don't think Rogers sucks.  I'm optimistic the coaches will help him get his good stuff back.  His last outing he improved as the game progressed.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Last O's starter to go 7?  Was it Burnes a couple of weeks ago.  Who was the last starter before Burnes to go 7.  I almost want to say Bradish, it's been that long.

Grayson went 7 twice in June.  Kramer twice in April.  Irvin once in April.

7 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Yeah okay.   Mostly valid points.  I think the insignificant parallels is better than say, modest 3 game hitting streaks from Jim Hunter, and he is drastically better at pronunciation and doing mistake-free play by play than Thorne.  He's young enough that he could grow into someone like Jon Miller; I agree he's not there, but I doubt Jon Miller was there 3 or 4 years into his major league broadcasting career.

I think you're dinging him pretty hard because he's just not your cup of tea, which I understand.  But I don't think he's objectively an average pbp guy, not after listening to some of the homer butchers other teams employ.

Fair, I don’t listen to a lot of other teams. But when I do tune into other teams, I haven’t heard much that separates him from the pack. What I do hear is the color guys… we are lucky to have Big Ben. 

In regard to Thorne, I’d let him read a phone book. Golden pipes that couldn’t be replaced.  I never really cared about the errors. And when Brown can’t tell the difference between a slider and a sinker I really don’t care much about that either.