Orioles, Matt Bowman Agree To Minor League Deal

oriolediehard

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Judge plays defense. Right now, this season, I would prefer Judge. 

In theory there's not a whole lot stopping Ohtani from playing defense.  I have pretty much zero doubt he would be a + defensive outfielder, and almost certainly better than Judge is in the field.  Typical rehab for position players for TJ is much shorter so he should be able to make outfield throws.  Even if he only throws 90% effort his range should be more than enough to make him a positive defender.

Edited by Hallas

32 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Yes, I said that, and what’s wrong with that? Would you prefer I say, “we have no evidence he using steroids”?

Does it matter?

No. I’m not going to make an assumption that he MIGHT be. That leads to a lifetime of suspecting everybody in every thing, because anybody COULD be doing evil.

In the absence of any evidence, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt, as should you.

Preach much?

I find it interesting that you evidently equate cheating in sports with evil.

That sweeper to Judge didn't look that bad to my eye, not perfect height but pretty close to the edge. But the numbers on his sweeper have been horrible:

image.thumb.png.035317b76d62e0f14217a25974f2124b.png

It's not a big sample size and having Judge be at least one of those PAs isn't going to help. But maybe he needs to change his pitch usage a bit.

The splitter hasn't been hit hard by righties, and it has a lot more vertical drop, though it could have the same issue Cano has with his sinker/changeup combination where they mostly move in the same direction. That said, Cano got away with it for a little while early on, and maybe Bowman could too in the short term.

I would have gone Baker there. Not really sure why Hyde didn't.

Bowman has been solid, but he's just not the guy to get out the types of hitters like Soto and Judge. You could feel it coming, they were seeing him well, and he knew he didn't have anything to actually put them away with. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would have gone Baker there. Not really sure why Hyde didn't.

Bowman has been solid, but he's just not the guy to get out the types of hitters like Soto and Judge. You could feel it coming, they were seeing him well, and he knew he didn't have anything to actually put them away with. 

Hyde was certainly hoping it wouldn't get to Soto. However, even in the very worst case scenario of every batter reaching and then a Judge HR (which nearly happened), the Yankees would still be down 1 with bases empty and O's would be strong favorites to win. I was just glad Hyde went to Akin instead of leaving Bowman in for another batter or trying Seranthony vs a LHB. 

2 hours ago, Hallas said:

In theory there's not a whole lot stopping Ohtani from playing defense.  I have pretty much zero doubt he would be a + defensive outfielder, and almost certainly better than Judge is in the field.  Typical rehab for position players for TJ is much shorter so he should be able to make outfield throws.  Even if he only throws 90% effort his range should be more than enough to make him a positive defender.

Yes, but he isn't playing defense is he? If your auntie had ball$....you know

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Preach much?

I find it interesting that you evidently equate cheating in sports with evil.

Cheating in sports is cheating at sports.

Do you think Raffy was unfairly denied the Hall because of his finger pointing denial two weeks before he tested positive?

regardless you took my use of the word evil wrong. I meant it in a general sense and not just about sports.