Orioles vs. Rays 4/10/09 Game 1

Mooreisbetter27

You've got a point but this early in the year at 92 pitches, Trembley is doing the right thing. Later in the year leave him in, but now? I can't fault him.

It was absolutely the right decision. It's Hendrickson's first outing and he's at 92 pitches. Plus, and more importantly, there is a guy on base w/ Burrell at bat. Hendrickson is a left hander, and Burrell mashes against lefties. It's the perfect time to bring Baez in. This is a move we should be applauding Trembley for.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid MLB blackout rules... but DirecTV's Game Mix lets me watch it in a little window...

Do the same rules apply on MLBTV? Excuse my ignorance...

The quality on MLBTV this year is amazing. It is MUCH improved over last year.

It was absolutely the right decision. It's Hendrickson's first outing and he's at 92 pitches. Plus, and more importantly, there is a guy on base w/ Burrell at bat. Hendrickson is a left hander, and Burrell mashes against lefties. It's the perfect time to bring Baez in. This is a move we should be applauding Trembley for.

It's all about preserving the bullpen. We shouldn't care about preserving 4 run leads at this point. Pitch the dreck until their arms fall off. That's what they are there for. If Hendrickson gives up a couple but still gets out of the inning, that's a bullpen pitcher that doesn't have to be used.

Trembley isn't managing like this is a lost season.

Did Baez just K both guys?

Guess DT's decision really back-fired there ;-)

No DT is burning out the bullpen! At the start of the season! When most of our starters are throwing about 30-40 more pitches then in Spring Training! What are you talking about?!?!

Why am I so excited about this post?!

Baez's stuff has looked nasty thus far. If he keeps this up, he will have to be considered either 1) for the rotation or 2) for the 7th or 8th inning when we have the lead.

That tailing fastball is going to break a lot of bats.

Archived