Orioles vs. Rays 4/10/09 Game 1

Mooreisbetter27

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're up 2-1. Longoria crushed a homer off of Hendrickson in the first, but otherwise he looked okay. O's were swinging the bats really well in the first, and probably would have scored even more runs if it weren't for a monster shift they had to get Scott and some great defense from Sonnanstine.

Right now the Rays have guys on 2nd and 3rd w/ two outs.

Well, we're up so that's good news. ;)

Longoria's gonna do that. Pretty hard to keep him down.

That's semi-encouraging about Hendrickson. Don't think he's going to keep it up, though. I'd love to be proven wrong. Sonnanstine's hittable. I'm not surprised that we reached him in the first.

Second inning?

Hard to call someone off when you aren't confident you are going to catch it. Though it did look like Jones could have grabbed that without a dive.

Agreed. You only call someone off if you are certain you can/will catch it. Although it looked like he would have caught it, I'm not sure he could have been certain of it and, thus, he was right in not calling him off. It also looked like if Jones backed off, Cesar would have had it.

Welcome to the Game Threads, AKA Knee Jerk Central here at OriolesHangout.com.

Now i'm as bad as anyone at it, but all the Hendrickson hate so early is funny. That poor communication by Jonesy & Czar made this inning go on longer than it should have.

Well, we're up so that's good news. ;)

Longoria's gonna do that. Pretty hard to keep him down.

That's semi-encouraging about Hendrickson. Don't think he's going to keep it up, though. I'd love to be proven wrong. Sonnanstine's hittable. I'm not surprised that we reached him in the first.

Second inning?

Hendrickson just got out of a bases loaded jam to keep the score 2-1.

Archived