Rockies Series, 8/30-9/1

Just Regular

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m specifically responding to the lack of fire criticism, which I think is garbage.  Did you see Santander screaming into the dugout when he hit his grand slam last week?   Did you see Cowser’s reaction when he dove safely into 1B for an infield hit?  Did you see Burnes in the dugout screaming at an umpire who was screwing his teammates?   There is plenty of fire on this team - it’s no issue at all. 

I’ve been on this website for 21 years.  Pretty much every time the team has a period of lackluster play, especially if it involves an offensive slump, I hear this “lack of fire” garbage, regardless of who the manager is at the time.  It’s a joke.  

Edit - I didn’t mean this as a personal swipe at you, it was more at JLC.  And I’m fine with moving Adley down in the order considering how he’s been hitting the last two months, but not because he lacks fire or because he’s swinging from one knee (which he also was doing  in March - June when he was in all-star form).  

No hard feelings. I respect your opinion as a long time poster.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Better take at least 2/3. 

I hope so. This is only the third trip for the O's to Denver, and they lost both previous series. As one of the O's fans in the stand each trip, who is married to a Rockies fan -- this series is bigger than it appears. At least here at O's West HQ.

11 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm just so relieved Emmanuel Rivera is starting  at first base tonight...I think we can start printing post season tickets now...

Let me write this down now so I don’t forget.   2 hits, including a home run for Rivera tonight.   Thanks for the tip.   Can you do horses?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve been on this website for 21 years.  Pretty much every time the team has a period of lackluster play, especially if it involves an offensive slump, I hear this “lack of fire” garbage, regardless of who the manager is at the time.  It’s a joke.  

The problem with baseball is that it's hard to look intense when you're not hitting. How do you show your intensity when you're hitting a lazy pop fly? "Lazy" is right there in the name.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Let me write this down now so I don’t forget.   2 hits, including a home run for Rivera tonight.   Thanks for the tip.   Can you do horses?

Roy, you’re gold!

• Haha 1

It wasn’t 100% pretty, but solid win for the O’s today.  Suarez was spectacular again, so was Perez, and Dominguez made things a little interesting but got the job done.  You can see the offense is still pressing a bit and also hitting into bad luck at times, but 5 runs is decent and was enough to win this one.  Thank goodness for those two insurance runs in the 9th, which proved to be the winning margin.  

Now go out and win game 2, please.  

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

This Secretariat horse is overhyped and is not going to win anything.