Funny game thread comments 2024

Frobby

I rarely post in the game threads and frankly despise their negative tone.  But I do sometimes read them after the fact, and I have to admit, there are some very funny comments at times.   So, this is a thread where people can re-post other posters’ game thread comments that they thought were really funny.  

My award from 8/30 goes to @Aristotelian.  After the 9th inning play where Holliday scored on a Mullins grounder to the pitcher and the catcher dropped the throw to the plate:

“Does that count as a passed ball?”

There actually were a couple of other very funny comments, but I’m not going to read through the thread again to find them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I rarely post in the game threads and frankly despise their negative tone.  But I do sometimes read them after the fact, and I have to admit, there are some very funny comments at times.   So, this is a thread where people can re-post other posters’ game thread comments that they thought were really funny.  

My award from 8/30 goes to @Aristotelian.  After the 9th inning play where Holliday scored on a Mullins grounder to the pitcher and the catcher dropped the throw to the plate:

“Does that count as a passed ball?”

There actually were a couple of other very funny comments, but I’m not going to read through the thread again to find them.

Ha, I didn't get any feedback in the thread for that one, so I'm glad someone noticed. The game thread is a gold mine for memes and stuff so I like this thread idea, and happy to contribute the first one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ha, I didn't get any feedback in the thread for that one, so I'm glad someone noticed. The game thread is a gold mine for memes and stuff so I like this thread idea, and happy to contribute the first one.

I couldn’t decide if it makes sense to rep posts in the game thread that I’m reading 12 hours later.   But I think during the games sometimes people are too busy watching and reacting to read every post or rep them as the game is going on.  

I hope others will post stuff here when they see something really funny there.  I don’t read the game threads often, and I certainly don’t read them after a loss.  It’s hard enough to sift through all the negative comments even when the O’s win.  

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Game threads are very cathartic and I love how we can be on the extreme end of positivity and negativity and wash our hands of it afterwards. 

It can be the opposite for me.

You just hear the same stuff every game that just isn't accurate.

I generally tap out after a few innings, it's just exhausting.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It can be the opposite for me.

You just hear the same stuff every game that just isn't accurate.

I generally tap out after a few innings, it's just exhausting.

Honest question.  Not trying to stir the pot.   If you know it’s the same old stuff, why go in the game threads in the first place?

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Honest question.  Not trying to stir the pot.   If you know it’s the same old stuff, why go in the game threads in the first place?

There are bit and pieces that gleam.

I also multi-task, I'm watching the game on the computer, sometimes with the sound on, sometimes listening to music, I have the game thread up, I have another couple tabs open.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Game threads are very cathartic and I love how we can be on the extreme end of positivity and negativity and wash our hands of it afterwards. 

I think most of the complaint comments are just funny. Even the ones that are completely valid are funny…it’s not the United Nations debating a war resolution, after all.

And sometimes, snark can be very clever. I like those comments the best.

• Upvote 1