25 Games Remaining

Pat Kelly

That’s it. 5 starts per starter. 675 outs, 900ish total team ABs, maybe 25-30 HRs, 100 runs.    How many wins?  12-13 would mean a 90win season.  What do we think?  

Did not expect this rough of an end even a month ago.    Probably the most important 25 game stretch in a few years, one that will likely determine the fate of a few players and team personnel.  

I'll be optimistic and say 13-12. That assumes a win today, then going 2-1 in home series and 1-2 in road series. This would cap off the most mediocre finish of finishes which is what this team has been since mid-June. 91-71 finish with the 2nd or 3rd WC. As mediocre as mediocre gets...

I’m fundamentally optimistic, but none of the problems is going away, the lineups problems, terrible defense and offense, bad bullpen usage, etc.

Plus, we’ve just lost two MORE valuable members of the core, at least one for the season, and replaced them with far less competent players.

I can’t but think a losing record is coming. I don’t expect more than 87. We could lose a series to the second worst team in baseball, where everyone reasonably expected at least a win/sweep.

This makes me very sad.

Well with Mayo playing I guess that kills a Roy Reverse Jinx? We could be in deep do do.

It's all on Burnes, Suarez, and Eflin now. If any other starter steps up - it's gravey. Also time for Gunnar and Adley to show they are franchise players. 13-12 and I am estatic. It's been a one way street to the IL. We need some traffic coming the other way besides Eflin and I hope he comes back strong.

With all of the injuries I am not exactly hopeful about the division unless the Yankees wet the bed but if the Orioles can survive and get a wild card spot and get guys back and get hot and healthy, they have a shot at making things happen. They have had to struggle this year more than last year and will come out better for it. Going to guess 12-13 for the month.

I’m just going to do my best to enjoy the 25 games and not worry about all there is to worry about. This season has flown by and (insert Game of Thrones meme here) Winter is Coming. I will miss even the meh games come December and beyond. 

11-14.

This team has shown for months now they can’t get on any kind of roll. 

• Rockies: 0-1
  • White Sox: 2-1
  • Tampa: 2-1
  • Red Sox: 1–2
  • Tigers: 1-2
  • Giants: 1-2
  • Tigers: 2-1
  • Yankees: 1-2
  • Twins: 1-2

If Eflin is effective and healthy, Grayson, Coulombe and Westy come back, I could see that flipping to 13-12 or 14-11, but they’ve been a middling team for months and I see no reason for that to change.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

We'll see if Zach Eflin can beat Ty Blach this afternoon but Home Colorado has only been 3-game swept once this season by the league.

The White Sox on the other hand...

Mikolas, Heaney, Eovaldi next few Yankees opponents.

Luckily for the Orioles we’re not going for a sweep. We lost again last night. Haha I’m  just messing ya buddy, don’t take it personal. 

9 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I’m just going to do my best to enjoy the 25 games and not worry about all there is to worry about. This season has flown by and (insert Game of Thrones meme here) Winter is Coming. I will miss even the meh games come December and beyond. 

Exactly. The winters get longer as you get older, speaking for myself of course,  but there will be plenty of time to armchair QB this off season. 

I'm getting ready to head to my last Shorebird game of the season today. They definitely have some interesting players from the draft and international market. Hopefully the future stays bright, and most importantly healthy. 

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

11-14.

This team has shown for months now they can’t get on any kind of roll. 

• Rockies: 0-1
  • White Sox: 2-1
  • Tampa: 2-1
  • Red Sox: 1–2
  • Tigers: 1-2
  • Giants: 1-2
  • Tigers: 2-1
  • Yankees: 1-2
  • Twins: 1-2

If Eflin is effective and healthy, Grayson, Coulombe and Westy come back, I could see that flipping to 13-12 or 14-11, but they’ve been a middling team for months and I see no reason for that to change.

I don’t think we can beat the Rays. They are a well managed team.

The problem with the Orioles is the Orioles. They aren’t playing well in any aspect of the game, for whatever reason, and they are making the same mistakes in every game. 

Do you expect Adley to get a hit? Or do you hope he will? Do you expect Gunnar to make a play or do you hope he will, and so on…we’ve gone from expectations of success to hoping to avoid disaster, and more often than not it’s not happening, although we’ve managed to stay around 500.

The quality of the opponent is less important than the quality of the Os.

I don’t think we can be favored to win any of these series, although part of being a fan is hoping for better.

Edited by HowAboutThat